The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (NJC, fonz8261, Southerntruck, J Lucas), 141 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,442
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#517154 03/14/2009 10:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
Am restoring a 46 1/2 ton and would like to know if a 1947 or advanced design steering wheel will fit the 46.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
I would bet the wheel has to match the column and upper bearing. The horn contact would also be something to look into. Check some of the venders in Links section and see what the upper bearings and horn contacts look like, that should give you your answer. Joe

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
I doubt it. They are very different. If yours is to far gone, i would run an ad on the forum here, in the parts wanted section, or look in the parts for sale section. You can still find them from time to time. Cecil..........

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks for the information.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks for the information. I have a 46 Steering Wheel that I plan to have recast. The reason I was hoping that the 47 steering wheel would fit is that I like the design of the wheel and the cool horn button. The 46 is very plain.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0