| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,678 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 | One of my leaf springs keep coming off the mount in the rear. Can this be fixed? Where can I get replacements for them if i can't fix them? 1949 Chevy 4400 GrainbedIn the Stovebolt GalleryPhotobucket picturesThe taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it except they keep coming back! Behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 92 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 92 | 49' Hayhauler, could you post a picture of the spring as it is when it's off... a diagnosis will be a lot easier.
Paul.
1948 Chevy 6400 1964 Chevy 1/2 Ton
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | Yes, 49'hayhauler pictures would help. There should be no way that the spring is coming off the rear mount. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 | I will try to get pictures this weekend. When I get home from work it is dark. I guess I should have given for details. It is only on leaf that pops up on top of the mount the larger bottom peice stays on. It makes the left side sag and I am concered about damage. 1949 Chevy 4400 GrainbedIn the Stovebolt GalleryPhotobucket picturesThe taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it except they keep coming back! Behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Do you have a broken main leaf? Picture will help. Grigg | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | Yep, It sounds like a broken main leaf. I had one break on a '52 3100. I did't notice it until I put it on the lift one day and the left front wheel was hanging down a lot farther then the right. The second leaf will support the truck when it's on the ground. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 | Where can I get a new set of leaf springs?
1949 Chevy 4400 GrainbedIn the Stovebolt GalleryPhotobucket picturesThe taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it except they keep coming back! Behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 272 | I have been in this vendors store, stacks and stacks of springs, parts, more parts, and more parts, all are susposed to be NOS. Try calling never hurts to ask. This vendor is in the links page, I have no affilation. http://www.antiqueautosupply.com/Brad | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 50 | Here is a website with pictures of my truck and the leaf spring that is off http://photobucket.com/49hayhaulerI can not see any broken springs. Should I just change it out for a new one anyway? How much do these springs run???
Last edited by 49' Hayhauler; 02/09/2009 4:40 AM.
| | |
| |
| |