The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#500655 02/01/2009 11:35 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
Well, for the first time in a about a year I got ole blue running. Had to clean the carb, fresh gas, new plugs, and poin ts, and vroom.

Get the brakes working and by the end of the week should have her on the road in the first time since 2000.

58 Chevy 1/2 ton three speed with the 261 six. My two youngest girls didn't know it would run. ohwell

The seat goes to the upholsterer next week for rebuild and recover. Have another pair of bucket seats I can use while it is being rebuilt.

Super Bowl Sunday ain't got nothing on that 6 cylinder running smooth. drive

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
[quote=Roy Rodgers] My two youngest girls didn't know it would run.

LMAO

I'm sure that's a good feeling. I'm 2 1/2 years and counting.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
I'm almost afraid to say it, but my AMC Pacer 6 cylinder started right up without any fuss. Some fresh gas, fresh battery and she fired right up.


Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
yahoo way to go Roy.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 239
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 239
Heck with football, you fired an ENGINE

Devin


If you can't hose it out it ain't a truck

55 3100
63 Corvair Monza
64 El Camino
72 240Z
01 Suburban
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
I don't get upset by AMC, Dodge & Mayflwer flatheads, or even F&#d inlines. Not even Buick or Poncho straight eights as long as all the cylinders are in a row. Now those bent motors...well thats another story.

Is your Pacer six a 258?
Inliners forever!


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
Originally Posted by 53moneypit
I don't get upset by AMC, Dodge & Mayflwer flatheads, or even F&#d inlines. Not even Buick or Poncho straight eights as long as all the cylinders are in a row. Now those bent motors...well thats another story.

Is your Pacer six a 258?
Inliners forever!

Yeppers. 1 barrel Carter, automatic behind it.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0