| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (BC59, 55shaker, 1955 1 Series, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, RaNfLaS, wilbur53, FAST55, 3800GUY),
111
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 8 | I bought this truck a while back... March'08 I got the shop ready and now i am getting into it. I started at the rear end. I got the box off and tore into the rear axle, bearings, brakes and differential. I'll go with patricks 3.55 and bearings to start. rebuild the huck brakes. have been doing some research on the saginaw swap. will it bolt up to the 228 bell housing? Its a torque tube 4 speed, all original out of wyoming, no holes, paint is rusted off it but in really decent shape, it even runs and don't burn a drop.I think this will not be a problem. I am not without skills. I am a newbie here, but not to the wrench. I used to own a '49 chevy 3/4 ton 4 speed almost 30 yrs. ago when I was in the navy in Sandiego, but it got stolen. A very hot item when in decent shape and even easier to steal from a sailor out to sea 5 days a week. Anyway, I love the site, very informative. Lots of experience and knowledge in these pages. I will post pictures soon.
Last edited by Peggy M; 08/22/2023 1:17 AM.
1949 GMC FC102 4 speed 1970 Corvette t-top 350 350hp 4 speed 1997 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4 1999 Saturn SC1 Bolter#17856
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome to the site. I also went with Patrick's 3.55 rear end. I've also kept the torque tube and 4 speed. Looks like you're on the right track. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 | Welcome to the Stovebolt,ctzr1  Nice to see another Navy guy join us. I went to boot camp in San Diego in '68. Go NAVY!
Terry K.
1951 5 window 1/2 ton
The only way to have a friend is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson-
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 |  Welcome. Come on in and sit a spell. Lots to talk about when your talking old trucks!
Last edited by Achipmunk; 01/22/2009 4:26 AM.
| | |
| |
| |