Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 10 | Help, I have looked high and low for a new master cylinder or a rebuild kit. Nobody list parts for anything larger than a C-30. Anyone out there have a source because I an out of places to look. This is a dual brake and clutch unit with 1 1/8 bore on the clutch and 1 3/4 on the brake side.
Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give
Craig | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 59 | I had good luck finding a master cylinder for a 1957 dodge 3 ton at Kanter auto products, www.kanter.comRyan | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 | If you can't find one off the shelf, you could always check with a brake rebuilding shop, like Whitepost Restorations in VA. I'll try to find their info.
Bill
'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan GMC 9500 Fan Detroit Diesel Fan
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 | They don't actually mention "Master Cylinders", but they still may be able to help. http://www.whitepost.com/brake.html
'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan GMC 9500 Fan Detroit Diesel Fan
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Read through this thread: https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=5&Number=477600&Searchpage=1&Main=66317&Words=stainless+%2Bsteel+%2Bsleeve+Grigg&topic=0&Search=true#Post477600 It covers your options on having cylinders sleeved and rebuilt. I'm not a fan of brass sleeved cylinders. Stainless is longer lasting with fewer troubles, and therefore a better option.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | NAPA or CarQwest with a competent counter person can get you one. Ours hasn't let me down yet, Scott | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 | Grigg,
I just read thru the old thread.
Mark "the machinist" Frappier sounds like a good choice. Up till now I never heard of him, but will keep him in mind for future needs or references.
Thanks for posting it.
Bill
'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan GMC 9500 Fan Detroit Diesel Fan
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy CraiginMO, the largest brake cylinder bore I could find was 1 1/4" all the way up to the 80 series. the Napa numbers are, UP34404, 1 1/8" brake cylinder, 1 1/8" clutch cylinder $79.49 UP19089, 1 1/4" brake cylinder, 1 1/8" clutch cylinder $214.00 I don't know why the discrepancy in price between the two, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 10 | Finally I had some Luck at Car Quest. They had a book that listed the C-60 and another that showed the Master cyl. They said they can get it for $325. I ordered the rebuild kit for $35. Hope it works. Thanks everyone | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 10 | All fixed. Yeah! Car Quest | | |
| |