The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ponchogl, Otto Skorzeny, Hanks custodian), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,403
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 17
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 17
Hello all,
first off ,this is a great site. visited a few times to browse. I have a 1972 c10,bone stock,key and a heater,driven daily. my current project is a 51 3600. I have completly refurbished an s10 chassis to put under it. plan to purchase frame swap kit from advanced design engineering.I gutted the cab last weekend and am trying to build up the courage to replace cab corners. have a great day

Last edited by J Lucas; 02/12/2009 5:12 AM.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Welcome to the 'bolt, oldblue51, the more the merrier cool

Looking forward to seeing pix of both your trucks.

Good going on replacing those cab corners, get 'er done grin You sound like you're not one to drag your feet thumbs_up

wave


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, oldblue51. So you have two old trucks, great! Sounds like you have a good plan of attack, as Sab says, get 'er done! If you run stuck, you know where to go now.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi oldblue51, Welcome grin

Have a plan and stick to it. Remember...when you get round to tackling the cab corners,measure twice...cut once!

I managed to do mine on my '50. If I can do it you can!

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Howdy and welcome to the best site for old chevy trucks! Glad ot have you with us and look forward to lots of pictures!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 206
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 206
Over 30 years ago,I guy from colarado I knew had an old truck he called old blue.Don't rember the year of it but He drove it to northern Wi one summer.I fixed the spring's in the starter on it.
This by chance wouldn't be the same guy would it?Tom

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Good to have you aboard, great site with lots of info!!

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
welcome to the bolt! smile

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0