Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,143 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | I found a 1937 panel locally and wanted to make sure I could drop a 235 in it.
Currently it has no engine or transmission but was assuming it originally came with a 216.
Does any know if I can bolt in a 235? Did it originally come with a 216?
Greg | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I believe that was the first year for the 235, not 100% sure. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | your panel came with a 216....I think up until then the engine was a 207 or 205...but don't quote me on it right now!! I need to get "the book" back down to be sure!! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | It came with a 216, but a 235 will bolt right in. It may take a few small minor alterations, but should not be a problem. Joe 
Last edited by 6cylindersovertexas; 12/11/2008 12:47 AM.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 39 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 39 | I just did this conversion last month with a 261. You need a '41 water pump (gets you the 5/8" wide pulley to match the truck damper), a water pump adapter plate found on E-bay, and a six bolt 139-tooth flywheel found on '39 to '54 engines. Everything else just bolts together and you can use the original clutch, 3-speed and stomp starter. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | WOW,,,where "locally" did you find the 37 panel? Was it a wrecking yard? Dixon Auto Wreckers used to have a bunch of the old stuff. | | | | | | Oldog in Md. Unregistered | | Oldog in Md. Unregistered | Delux Did a Fetcher out do a Shark on his own turf ? I know I am a lowly apprentice but had to comment .... | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | Oldog,,,yup, looks like he did. Thats okay tho,,,i dont need another project right now,,,garages and driveway are full,,and my wallets empty. | | | | | | Oldog in Md. Unregistered | | Oldog in Md. Unregistered | Yea Delux I know what ya mean While I your there , let me ask you and the rest a question . I am looking at a 1953 one ton panel , , Sheet metal is good with a little surface rust ,rolling with engine/ trans but not running , seats , chrome trim , radio and gauges are missing . Generally what would this sell for ? I am assuming no real need to have and no other variables like towing etc. Thanks Dan | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | Oldog,,sounds like someone pilfered some of the "good" panel stuff from it. But,,anyway,it all depends on how bad they want it gone,and how bad you want it in your driveway. Just to go and drag it outta someones yard cuz they want it gone, 500.00.+/-. If its something youve been wanting and have to have,,maybe 1,000- 1,500. Theres a lotta "if's". Theres someone here on the forum looking for just that model. Check the "Trucks Wanted" section. Marty
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | delux54,
Actually I haven't picked it up yet, it's just up the hill off of 50.
I haven't had a chance to see what shape it's in. I've go a few 1940's that I've been putting together and so I wasn't sure how different a 37 would be.
Are there patch panels available for a 37 or will I have to fabricate for cancer spots? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 115 | Hi Greg, I talked to the girl with the 37 as well. Did you end up getting it? the price was right.
Brian D
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | I haven't gone up there yet to check it out. I'm hoping it will still be there when I start vacation | | |
| |