The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#478646 12/05/2008 4:49 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I found a 1937 panel locally and wanted to make sure I could drop a 235 in it.

Currently it has no engine or transmission but was assuming it originally came with a 216.

Does any know if I can bolt in a 235? Did it originally come with a 216?

Greg

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I believe that was the first year for the 235, not 100% sure.

Leo #479068 12/06/2008 4:07 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
your panel came with a 216....I think up until then the engine was a 207 or 205...but don't quote me on it right now!! I need to get "the book" back down to be sure!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
It came with a 216, but a 235 will bolt right in. It may take a few small minor alterations, but should not be a problem.
Joe smile

Last edited by 6cylindersovertexas; 12/11/2008 12:47 AM.

"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 39
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 39
I just did this conversion last month with a 261. You need a '41 water pump (gets you the 5/8" wide pulley to match the truck damper), a water pump adapter plate found on E-bay, and a six bolt 139-tooth flywheel found on '39 to '54 engines. Everything else just bolts together and you can use the original clutch, 3-speed and stomp starter.


1938 HC half-ton - Buford
1954 Chevy 3600
2024 Chevy Colorado
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
WOW,,,where "locally" did you find the 37 panel? Was it a wrecking yard? Dixon Auto Wreckers used to have a bunch of the old stuff.

O
Oldog in Md.
Unregistered
Oldog in Md.
Unregistered
O
Delux
Did a Fetcher out do a Shark on his own turf ? I know I am a lowly apprentice but had to comment ....

#482158 12/14/2008 7:19 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
Oldog,,,yup, looks like he did. Thats okay tho,,,i dont need another project right now,,,garages and driveway are full,,and my wallets empty.

O
Oldog in Md.
Unregistered
Oldog in Md.
Unregistered
O
Yea Delux I know what ya mean
While I your there , let me ask you and the rest a question .
I am looking at a 1953 one ton panel , , Sheet metal is good with a little surface rust ,rolling with engine/ trans but not running , seats , chrome trim , radio and gauges are missing . Generally what would this sell for ? I am assuming no real need to have and no other variables like towing etc.
Thanks
Dan

#482229 12/14/2008 11:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
Oldog,,sounds like someone pilfered some of the "good" panel stuff from it. But,,anyway,it all depends on how bad they want it gone,and how bad you want it in your driveway.
Just to go and drag it outta someones yard cuz they want it gone,
500.00.+/-. If its something youve been wanting and have to have,,maybe 1,000- 1,500. Theres a lotta "if's".
Theres someone here on the forum looking for just that model.
Check the "Trucks Wanted" section.
Marty

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
delux54,

Actually I haven't picked it up yet, it's just up the hill off of 50.

I haven't had a chance to see what shape it's in. I've go a few 1940's that I've been putting together and so I wasn't sure how different a 37 would be.

Are there patch panels available for a 37 or will I have to fabricate for cancer spots?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 115
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 115
Hi Greg, I talked to the girl with the 37 as well. Did you end up getting it? the price was right.


Brian D
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I haven't gone up there yet to check it out. I'm hoping it will still be there when I start vacation


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0