Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (CandoBrent, 1955 1 Series, MNSmith, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, GrandpasJimmy, 1 invisible),
85
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 2 | hello from THE VALLEY OF THE GUN in az. Was readin Hollywood trucks and got all fired up again..decided to drop a note. In 72 I was back in Kansas and a buddy and I ended up out in Hays workin on the movie PAPER MOON. They auditioned vehicles for the movie...anyway some time later I pulled into the fuel stop and there sit a sweet little 46 halfton..all prettied up with fresh J/D green body and black fenders and boards..dents and all. I mean all original/turnkey..talked to the kid who had it (inhereted from gramps) found out it was turned down for the movie, too new and he would let it go..Immediately put a sign in the window of my 55 2-door post hot rod and sold it that night...could be I was drivin for RYAN AND TATUM O'NEAL that it sold so fast for way too much..bought the 46 the next day..God I love that little truck..drove it that winter, rain,snow,shine and took it back to Lawrence in the spring..long story short..got married, truck got too small, traded off my truck for a hotrod chevy wagon, broke the wagon, broke the marriage, and ended up back in the Navy..Now I'm medically retired from over the road truckin for toooo many years..My new bride of 30 yrs and I are livin it out here in the sun and the guns...Still miss that truck..guy I traded said he was goin to rod it.???? Maybe its still somewhere around N/E Ks..don't know..My halfbreed Irish heart still believes what goes around comes around, yaknow. Thats my sad tale, i'll just hang around and maybe get lucky and find my lost little dream...or another on like it...thx red dog. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | red dog: Welcome to the Stovebolt. There is something here for everyone and I'm sure you will find plenty here to. Keep an eye in the Swap Meet in Trucks for Sale. You never know when that special truck will show up! Enjoy your stay. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | You can hang around all you like. I hope you get lucky. BTW, welcome to the site, I'm sure you will make friends here. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 | Welcome to the Stovebolt, red dog  Achipmunk is right just keep an eye on the Swap Meet in Trucks for Sale. No doubt you'll find what your looking for.
Terry K.
1951 5 window 1/2 ton
The only way to have a friend is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson-
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 12 | Red Dog, Welcome to the site. I am retired AF in Las Vegas. There are quite a few old chevy trucks all over in Nevada. Very little rust thru if any. But most are not running and need full restoration. After I purchased my 54 3/4 ton, in Cali, I found a 1/2 ton 54 in Las Vegas. Now I am "double broke" buying restoration parts for two trucks! John | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 339 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 339 | Red Dog, Welcome to "The Stovebolt", just keep an eye out for that 46, and I hope that You don't have to wait long....The 41-46 rates high in My book too... Bill B. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,414 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,414 | Hello Red Dog, if you are still looking for your '46 next September, it might be worth your while to meet up with a bunch of us in KC at the annual Stovebolt reunion. Some attending traveled all the way from Mexico, and Canada (so don't say it's too far).
There was at least two '41 - 46 half tons for sale (and many more on display) at the truck show. Or, like Achipmunk suggested, keep watching the Swap Meet.
Welcome to the "Bolt"
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi red dog. Welcome to the 'bolt. Interesting story! It would be totally amazing if you could trace that old truck. Now that would be a story!  Good luck! Jock  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 227 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 227 |  G'Day RedDog, "your NEW bride of 30 years" Mate, that's what you call committment! With that type of outlook on life........ I'm sure the luck of the Irish is gonna be coming your way. All the best to ya  Doc Bob. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 | Welcome Red Dog !! Never can have too many Irishmen on board !!!
Wanted Good Woman: Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 2 | thx,john. Havnt been home in bout 20years now. worked up in st.joe mo. for bout 15yrs till we were bought out by a co. out here in az. sure do miss it, spent a lot of time up in your area..i worked for Missouri Nebraska Express..If I could scrape up the bucks that would be an adventure for sure. reddog | | |
| |