Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 | Hi Everyone. I am new here and have alot to learn about old trucks. My name is A.J. I have been in racing for years. As a hobby and making a living. Last summer I bought a 1935 chevy half ton and a 1941 chevy half ton. I have started on the 35 and am having a blast with square nuts uggggggg. look forward to getting to know you and learning how to post pics. Headed to tech tips for help with my steering column now. A.J.
Last edited by J Lucas; 02/10/2009 2:21 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 1,403 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 1,403 | Welcome. You'll find that everyone here is helpful in one way or another. The people here have supplied me with parts, help getting my truck home, not to mention the wealth of knowledge.  I wish I knew why most of the old Chevys are up there and not down here in Southern Indiana though, most of the ones around here are too expensive, hidden, or not worth looking at, and if you did, they'd probably fall apart. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | AJS, nice to have you and welcome to the Bolt. I see you also have a couple of nice projects on hand and all of us look forward to seeing some pictures. Whatever it is I'm sure someone here at the bolt will be able to help you out. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi AJS, glad you could join us. As the others have said,someone here will be able to help you. As always,we love  Jock  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome AJS. So you going to make a racing engine out of the 216? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,418 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,418 | Welcome A.J.
What type of racing are you involved in, dirt track, 1/4 mile etc?
Some pics of your trucks would be cool.
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 | To answer a couple questions. I have raced everything with wheels I think. I currently own 2 dirt sportsman cars. But after 20 years of putting together nice race cars only to tear them up on Sat. night I am interested in putting together a nice daily driver. The question about the racing 216 made me laugh. No I have several small block chevy's on the shelf. I think a pretty stock 350 with 3 two barrels may get the first install. I am selling all the stock motor trans brakes and rear end. I am gonna try an post an add next. Any help on the proper way to post pics would be helpfull I have 100s of the work in progress. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 | sorry moderators I just saw I should not have mentioned I was placing adds. Having a little trouble learning my way around. I will get it. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | AJS...while I am certainly not a computer whiz by any means I think you must first have a photo posting account with someone. I have mine with Picturetrail. It's free and is where you can post your photos into albums and get the web info on where folks can find them.
Take a look at mine as an example. There are several photo type sites to choose from. Mine is free so the price was right.
ps. I've spent a lot of time in Naptown | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 8 | Very nice car,truck and shop. Thanks for the tip. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 | Welcome to the Stovebolt, A.J. 
Terry K.
1951 5 window 1/2 ton
The only way to have a friend is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson-
| | |
| |