The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
A
AJS
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Hi Everyone. I am new here and have alot to learn about old trucks. My name is A.J. I have been in racing for years. As a hobby and making a living. Last summer I bought a 1935 chevy half ton and a 1941 chevy half ton. I have started on the 35 and am having a blast with square nuts uggggggg. look forward to getting to know you and learning how to post pics. Headed to tech tips for help with my steering column now.
A.J.

Last edited by J Lucas; 02/10/2009 2:21 AM.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Welcome. You'll find that everyone here is helpful in one way or another. The people here have supplied me with parts, help getting my truck home, not to mention the wealth of knowledge. smile


I wish I knew why most of the old Chevys are up there and not down here in Southern Indiana though, most of the ones around here are too expensive, hidden, or not worth looking at, and if you did, they'd probably fall apart.


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
AJS, nice to have you and welcome to the Bolt. I see you also have a couple of nice projects on hand and all of us look forward to seeing some pictures. Whatever it is I'm sure someone here at the bolt will be able to help you out.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi AJS, glad you could join us.
As the others have said,someone here will be able to help you.
As always,we love pix
Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome AJS. So you going to make a racing engine out of the 216?

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,418
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,418
Welcome A.J.

What type of racing are you involved in, dirt track, 1/4 mile etc?

Some pics of your trucks would be cool.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
A
AJS
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
To answer a couple questions. I have raced everything with wheels I think. I currently own 2 dirt sportsman cars. But after 20 years of putting together nice race cars only to tear them up on Sat. night I am interested in putting together a nice daily driver. The question about the racing 216 made me laugh. No I have several small block chevy's on the shelf. I think a pretty stock 350 with 3 two barrels may get the first install. I am selling all the stock motor trans brakes and rear end. I am gonna try an post an add next. Any help on the proper way to post pics would be helpfull I have 100s of the work in progress.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
A
AJS
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
sorry moderators I just saw I should not have mentioned I was placing adds. Having a little trouble learning my way around. I will get it.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
AJS...while I am certainly not a computer whiz by any means I think you must first have a photo posting account with someone. I have mine with Picturetrail. It's free and is where you can post your photos into albums and get the web info on where folks can find them.

Take a look at mine as an example. There are several photo type sites to choose from. Mine is free so the price was right.

ps. I've spent a lot of time in Naptown


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
A
AJS
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Very nice car,truck and shop. Thanks for the tip.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Welcome to the Stovebolt, A.J. wave


Terry K.

1951 5 window 1/2 ton

The only way to have a friend is to be one.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0