The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
My '50 3100 has never had any hood lace, so I ordered some and the clips. Does anybody have a picture of theirs...I can't find any posts and/or pictures about how it installs/fits. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
citizendick

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

What is hood lace? Is that what the vendors called the part(s) you bought? What vendor and part number(s)?

Are these the parts you are referring to?

http://www.classicparts.com/1947-54-Hood-to-Cowl-Seal/productinfo/38-111/

http://www.classicparts.com/1947-54-Hood-to-Cowl-Seal-Retainers/productinfo/38-155/


Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
it lays on top/across the cowling under the back of the hood. If you look close you can probably see where the old stuff was. Unless they have been filled and painted you should be able to see the little holes where the clips screw down to hold the lace on the cowling. It goes across the top and down the side of the cowling. Hope this helps. Let us know.

Here it is also listed. Part# FP117
http://www.oldchevytrucks.biz/47_55/full.asp?page=47

Last edited by Achipmunk; 11/21/2008 4:05 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
Also use some weatherstrip adhesive, the clips alone aren't enough.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
I think my question should have been: what exactly is the cowling?

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
perfect. Thanks.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Here's a PICTURE of where it goes. The arrows point to the screw holes for the clips.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 150
thanks. I'll assume I can install it without removing the hood...

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
yes you can....and should!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
How did you get the two out that are directly below the windshield wipers? I haven't replaced mine because of those. I could never get the right angle.

Chuck


Blue 50

1950 3100 w/57 235
Patrick’s Saginaw 4 speed and 3:55 rear end
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
use a good weather strip adhesive on the screws under the strip, B4 you screw them in for added water protection.


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
In LMC catalog, pg. 21, 38-8940 Grill, lower support 1947-53 $169.95

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0