| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | Well I am just bought done with this shop remodel ..soo I picked through a fresh pack of 4 qtr. Hickory at work and got some really nice boards for my bed floor ...will be relocating the fuel cell to under the bed and installin the new Hickory boards over the holidays. Now here is the best part ...Boss charged me $38.00 for 9 boards 5.250 wide 8' long !!!!!...machined to width and sanded to a 220 grit finish!...BEAT THAT PRICE FOLKS!...lol Tim | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Tim, you the man. now if we can just see some pics of the finished product. Now I don't mean to put you under any pressure but the holidays are quickly coming so I'm looking for some  for Christmas  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hey Tim you posted this thread 3 days ago! What's keepin' ya! Where's the  ? Jock  (Yeah,your right,we're jealous!) 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | Wow, great buy Tim. I love the light and dark streaks of Hickory. A few years ago I built a cabinet for my brother-in-law out of Hickory. I really thought it was beautiful, but boy did that Hickory dull every blade and router bit I used on it. That is very tough wood, should last a lifetime and look fantastic in you truck!! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 18 | Tim, Do you think this deal can be had again? If so, who do I call? Red Truck Charlotte, NC | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | Red Truck, Sorry but I dont believe so ...I bought this off the company I work for, the Owner made me a special deal (been there 21yrs.) He said since it was for me an my project truck....etc...at first he said just take what ya need but then said well we better exchange some $ or others might get PO'd, he told me not tell anyone at work what he charged me. Im pretty sure he just charged me a GREEN BOARD FT. cost at the mill. I could ask what he would charge the public..but Im sure it will be considerably more. Tim
| | |
| |
| |