| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,392 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#46328 06/15/2005 9:50 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 | Has anyone ever heard of or used Redline MTL or MT 90 lubricant for trannys and diffs? I heard its a great product and I'm thinking of using it for my '54 3/4 ton 4 speed, 4.10 rear end as well as on my '69 datsun roadster (with a bad 2nd gear syncro). Any input is greatly appreciated. | | |
#46329 06/15/2005 9:54 PM | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 221 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 221 | For what it's worth---I think it would be a good product. I looked it up the other day in relation to a similiar topic. I had used GM's synthetic oil for limited slip differentials in a 86 Sentra with that bad 2nd gear! Fixed it up fine and it's had about 20000 miles trouble free!
Cheers, George | | |
#46330 06/16/2005 8:20 AM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 | A friend of mine swore by it;he used it in his "Cannonball" Chevy Camaro that ran an open road average of 170 mph before it holed a piston near Atlanta,Ga.(I guess he shoulda used it in the engine too) | | |
#46331 06/16/2005 9:21 AM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 | stp at 20 percent in your tranny will make 2nd gear stop grinding worked for me on a muncie | | |
#46332 06/16/2005 11:05 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | 32fire2, pardon my ignorance but could you explain your post about STP? Is it 20% of the gearbox capacity or is it 20/80 mixture? Guess they are the same aren't they? I need something to help my 2nd gear synchro. Thanks. | | |
#46333 06/17/2005 3:21 AM | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | You mean by changing my tranny oil to something else it will help the gear grinding? (my second is bad aswell) Where can you get this redline stuff? Thanks | | |
#46334 06/17/2005 3:49 AM | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | I've used MolySlip in trans/rear gears before, but if you've got bad parts lube won't fix them, especially worn syncros - and 'gear grinding' beyond worn syncros is the driver and/or clutch!
Bill | | |
#46335 06/17/2005 5:30 AM | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 | O the wonderful fix ups in a can.
dan-pa
| | |
#46336 06/17/2005 2:21 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 | Articat, you can run a search for redline on the internet. On their wev site there is a tab for dealers, and you input your zip code. It will tell you stores that sell the stuff. It may not completely cure the sloppy transition to 2nd but from what I hear it should help a lot. I should have this done in the next couple weeks and I'll let you know. | | |
#46337 06/18/2005 7:20 PM | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Thanks tlorber! I will check into it. | | |
| |
| |