The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Shaffer's1950, Steelonsteel), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
I see dome lights on the wiring diagrams but don't see them in any pictures or on trucks at shows ? If you have any info. or a picture of one could you post it or send it.Thanks again!


It's not the speed you travel it's the quality of the trip that matters !!!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
My 1/2 ton did NOT have one and neither did the parts truck I had or for that matter none of the other ones had one that I have seen. Thats not to say they didn't!

Perhaps 6cylindersovertexas will see this post. He is THE MAN when it comes to 37's.

Note: Funny how your post was #37 smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
Mine did not have one and I think its mentioned in the wiring diagram for the panel trucks. Jeff

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
Mine didn't have one either but it was part of my wiring harness so I put one in... never had it "on" yet! wink

~Trev

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Jeff hit the nail on the head.
Probably Chevrolet should have referred to what appears to be a dome light as a "Cargo Light". That's what it really was and Jeff is correct - it was in the rear of the panel truck to light the cargo area.
Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
The 1937 GMC's had a dome light in the standard and Deluxe Panels and Suburbans only. The dome light was available on the 1936 GMC pickup cab, but only in the Deluxe option cab. No actual proof, but you could assume, I guess that the Chevrolets were the same.


1936 GMC T-14 1/2-Ton Pickup
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
I would like to see the dome light in a 36 GMC so I would know where it was mounted and what it looks like as I could use one in my 37 chevy. Jeff

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
None of the '37 I have seen had a dome light. Mine had old original wires still in it and there was nothing running up top. Joe


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0