| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,618 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 36 | I see dome lights on the wiring diagrams but don't see them in any pictures or on trucks at shows ? If you have any info. or a picture of one could you post it or send it.Thanks again!
It's not the speed you travel it's the quality of the trip that matters !!!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | My 1/2 ton did NOT have one and neither did the parts truck I had or for that matter none of the other ones had one that I have seen. Thats not to say they didn't! Perhaps 6cylindersovertexas will see this post. He is THE MAN when it comes to 37's. Note: Funny how your post was #37  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | Mine did not have one and I think its mentioned in the wiring diagram for the panel trucks. Jeff | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | Mine didn't have one either but it was part of my wiring harness so I put one in... never had it "on" yet!  ~Trev | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | Jeff hit the nail on the head. Probably Chevrolet should have referred to what appears to be a dome light as a "Cargo Light". That's what it really was and Jeff is correct - it was in the rear of the panel truck to light the cargo area. Joe 
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 | The 1937 GMC's had a dome light in the standard and Deluxe Panels and Suburbans only. The dome light was available on the 1936 GMC pickup cab, but only in the Deluxe option cab. No actual proof, but you could assume, I guess that the Chevrolets were the same. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | I would like to see the dome light in a 36 GMC so I would know where it was mounted and what it looks like as I could use one in my 37 chevy. Jeff | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,228 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,228 | None of the '37 I have seen had a dome light. Mine had old original wires still in it and there was nothing running up top. Joe | | |
| |
| |