The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,425
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Well I finished changing the exhaust manifold gasket on the 248 cyl. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be . So out for a test run to see if I have gotten all t's crossed and i's dotted . Stopped for gas - later found out that I forgot to put on the gas cap dang need new cap . Drove 12 miles on the hwy and 8 on country roads over hill and dale to a friends ranch . No problems . smile Drove back to town and 1 block from home base the bloody new fan belt came off and distroyed itself . :mad: . At least it did confirm that the temp guage works - wasn't sure if it did . Now to track down why it came off - take care of a few electrical issues and find out why the darn windshield wipers don't work . Other than those and a few hundred other minor problems - I'm Ready to take the old 303 to KC - it's only 3+ hrs. away ! thumbs_up

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
good work on test run

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Drive safe on your way to K.C. I'll bring my pix
I know you feel good. Just no better feeling than tooling down the highway in an old Stovebolt!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Ed, According to the Bus Station attendant. your grille should be arriving Tuesday, or Wednesday evening,at the topeka bus Station. Might be there in time for you to install it before your trip.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
True so true - nothing like strolling down the road in a Big Bolt and ruining the speed demons day . It's been a while since I've had Toto out on the road and even with the thrown belt I was having a wonderful time.
Spanky - Thanks for the heads up on the grill shipping . Sorry - but I have far to many things yet to get done for the reunion to install your grill - but at next year's event Toto will have a new smile. Ed H


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0