| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (51sub),
128
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 19 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 19 | Does any one have any experience with the repop grills from Argentina ? The one I have appears to be 3/8" too wide at the top and the polishing work prior to chroming is not that great. How well will the chrome hold up? Any pointers on getting a good fit? Any others out there that are better quality? If you can shed some light on this I sure will appreciate it Ray | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,221 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,221 | I bought one from a swapmeet vender for $100. Brand new, it was total junk. It wouldn't even come close to fitting the opening. I even cut the spot welds apart trying to make it fit. I ended up letting a fellow bolter have it so he could cut a few of the ribs out to replace bent up stock ones. Mine is home made so you are still on your own! Joe | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Difficult position to be in. Repop chrome parts are infamous for poor quality. I would let the vendor know for sure that there are quality problems with what they're selling. Personally I would look for a used grill and have it rechromed. It'll cost a lot of money but you'll get one that fits.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I bit the bullet and bought a stainless steel grille back in 2000 and have never regretted spending the extra dollars. Today, 8 years later it still looks good. | | |
| |
| |