Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,384 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 187 | Hi gang... OK...Spanky asked about COE owners and Jolly asked about LCF owners...so I figured I'd follow suit and ask how many of you own either a C50, C60 or C70? Ole' Burgie owns two: a 1964 C60 and 1966 C60 Chime in if you have a few minutes... | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Burgie, does a Canadian G.M.C. 60 with a 348 Chev. V8 and 9000lb, torsion bar front suspension count? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 25 | I am the co-owner of a 61 C60 schoolbus and a 62 C80 former firetruck. The firetruck WAS a pump truck, now it is going to be a supersized pickup. I can't wait to go buy firewood at $35 per pickup load. Kael | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 59 | Hello, I have a 64 C60 292, NP540 5 speed,GM 15000 # 2 spd rear. It has a 8' galion dump bed and only 66,000 miles. Great truck but a pain in the a#@ to tailgate stone with(too short)...... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 6 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 6 | I have a 1960 Viking 60 with a 6 cylinder and 12' midwest bed. Working on the brakes and tires of course:( | | | | | Joined: May 2000 Posts: 31 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2000 Posts: 31 | I have a '66 C60 with 292, 4 spd and 2 spd rear. It has a 14 foot, twin hoist all steel flatbed on a 175" wheelbase. Original steel hauler turned grain truck. It sits on our farm with a blown engine waiting for repair. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 187 | Cool...looks like we have a few so far Any pictures fellas??? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 140 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 140 | I have an old C-40 bus, does that count
Now boltless but looking 1951 F-1 350/350 1965 Mustang 355 glide 1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me 1972 Maverick 302 c4
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 | 1972 Chevy C60 dump truck with air brakes. "Patriot"! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 75 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 75 | I have a 65 C50 wrecker That really needs front fenders. If anybody knows of some reasonable please let me know. It has a 292 in it. I am new to the big bolts so any help or info would help. It hasn,t ran in 12 years so it is going to be a challenge. Burgie your killing me with those perfect body panels on your parts truck. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 2 | http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Faster7/IMG_0251c.jpg '63 5 speed, 2 speed rear. Tall deck BBC was in it when I got it (most likely 366) with Motorcraft 4 barrel. PTO winch at the front of the bed. Have used it for a bit of work around the farm, but now looking at stabbing TBI or port injection on it, fresh tires, and putting it to use on the highway. I guess I lucked out and they're not split rim? How can I tell? Would most every other 10 lug semi/big truck wheel bolt right on? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 69 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 69 | 68 C-60 
Randy the easter wabbit ! -here to help fellow enthusiasts as best as possible  parting some vehicles, 54 ford truck 57, chevy 210, 69 fairlane coupe HT and others, | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Hello I have a 1960 C60 Viking grain truck with 47000 miles, dump bed and a I-6 ,4 spd | | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 199 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 199 | I have a 61-c60 Viking under construction and a 60-c60 Viking parts truck. My 61 has a 261 with a five speed New Procss transmission. Hobert
"The Lord is my shepherd"
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 117 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 117 | 1964 C-60 Firetruck,327 4 speed,Everything works and It has won 2 trophys. http://www.home.earthlink.net/~64_chevy/ | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 119 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 119 | I have a '72 c-50 with 66k original miles.It has a 292 engine. It has a 5yrd. dump box. We use it for the concrete business here in Two Rivers,WI. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 | Hey Bertha, Got any pics?  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | I recently purchased a '65 C60 with a wrecker body. Hopefully, this beauty qualifies. Enjoy. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 | Nice collection Lilred66! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Truckwhisperer:
Thanks for the kind words. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | You left out the 80 series trucks | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 187 | What the heck was I thinkin' Spanky :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Good catch...but I honestly don't see that many 80 series as compared to the 50-70's... Nevertheless...all 80 series owners post your pics now  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Actually Burgie, there were more 80 series trucks than 70 series. In the '60-'66 trucks, the 70 series trucks were redesignated as 60H (Heavy Duty 60 series)after, 1963. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Hmn... so what is the break down on the number designations(c60, etc.) vs. what it will haul for these year big bolts?
-W | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 149 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 149 | ok..Ok.. I'll add my 10 cents worth.... '49 chev C-60 flatbed '65 Chev C-60 35ft School bus (ex Great Northern Railway) Plus a '50 GMC C-60 rolling chassis
and Pre 1946 (??) C-60 rolling chassis.... ok. it's not an advanced design..am figuring it might be an art deco.... I bought it as a hay wagon for 5 bucks..... and the front springs attach to a cast mount attached on the end of the frame
michael \'48 chev 2-ton boom truck (Boomer) '49 Chev 2-ton flat bed '65 Chev 35ft school bus '88 GMC 6500 '72 Superior 26ft class "A" coach '50 Farmall "M" '71 MGB GT '68 Austin-Healey Sprite '65 Austin-Healey Sprite and various other odd British cars and lots of old radios..... Although we know what the speed of light is..... What I want to know is... How fast is the speed of DARK??
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 3 | my C70. still have alot to do to get her in shape. She has a 440 mopar with 727 torqueflite. Ive been working on the doors,guages, and the interior. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/RLNTHDR/tyui5.jpg please,lets not burn me at the stake for it born in '79.
Throttle till you see God,..then brake like hell!!
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 226 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 226 | 59 viking c60 with one emblem on beatout fender sayin 3800... pics below
What it will say on my Tombstone: "Boy, that guy sure owed alotta people Money"
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 17 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 17 | '68 c50 dump with a small 292 but a big heart. I use it weekly in my construction business. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7 | i have a 1960 chevy viking with a warner backhoe,vikings are cool good luck with yours. You can see mine uner truckhoe  | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 | I'm glad to see several people have some heavy Chevy's from the 60's. I wish there was more discussion about the 80 series with the old 409. I know most of these were worn out years ago and have been scraped out, but its nice to hear about them every now and then. Hope to one day restore my 1962 80 series single axle tractor that my father bought new in early '62. We also have a 1963 tandem axle Chev. 80 series tractor. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | I'd like to see those. There's someone selling one, minus the engine, in the swapmeet. I had a 1960 Chevy L80 LCF Roadtractor, with 348ci. engine, power steering, full air brakes, with sanders. See it here, http://www.classiccoe.com/oldcoetrucks/6066.htm | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 37 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 37 | 1966 GM C50 Dump Truck 1965 GMC 4000 Dump Truck
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 | 1964 c-60 dump and 1966 c-60 flatbed | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 | I'm glad to see several people have some heavy Chevy's from the 60's. I wish there was more discussion about the 80 series with the old 409. I'm always willing to talk about these great old trucks, altho most of my knowledge is on heavy GMC trucks. I'd also like to see pictures of the trucks that you have. Bill
'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan GMC 9500 Fan Detroit Diesel Fan
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 | I've got a 1984 C70. I don't drive it much. I am considering making it my tow vehicle for parades out of state to move the 1951 firetruck. It runs great! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 73 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 73 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | 409 Chevys which came in 80 series for a couple of years and are an interesting but almost forgotten part of grain hauling history in Texas. Literally hundreds of them hauled grain from the Texas High Plains to Corpus and Houston. They were only offered for a couple of years but grain haulers put kept putting crate engines in their trucks until the cab was almost shaken off. The low profile of the truck and the low grain trailer made them outrun many cab over diesels of the day. Gas was cheap and no one seemed to care if they got less than 3 miles per gallon. The first oil embargo changed the whole picture when the cost of gas doubled. Most of the 80 series were tractor equipped short wheel base with a million miles on the chassis. Therefor they were not used much as farm trucks and hardly any of them survive. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 38 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 38 | 1966 Chevrolet D-60 (V-6 Diesel) with 5 speed tranny. It is a fun truck to drive. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 254 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 254 | 1961 Chevy Viking C60, 235 I-6, 4spd, 2spd, with hydraulic dump bed
i know a guy who has a 63 Chevy Viking C60 cabover truck with the 409... one sweet rig
Nate | | |
| |