The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,380
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#145743 02/20/2006 5:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 187
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 187
Hi gang...

OK...Spanky asked about COE owners and Jolly asked about LCF owners...so I figured I'd follow suit and ask how many of you own either a C50, C60 or C70?

Ole' Burgie owns two: a 1964 C60 and 1966 C60 grin grin grin

Chime in if you have a few minutes...


Burgie

1964 Chevy C60 w/ Garwood dump, 327 CID, New Process 540C 5-Speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. 2-speed rear axle
1966 Chevy C60 w/ 292 CID, Chevy 4-speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. single speed rear axle

[b]Burgie's 1964 Chevy C60 Restoration Site[/b]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Burgie, does a Canadian G.M.C. 60 with a 348 Chev. V8 and 9000lb, torsion bar front suspension count?

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 25
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 25
I am the co-owner of a 61 C60 schoolbus and a 62 C80 former firetruck. The firetruck WAS a pump truck, now it is going to be a supersized pickup. I can't wait to go buy firewood at $35 per pickup load. grin

Kael

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 59
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 59
Hello,
I have a 64 C60 292, NP540 5 speed,GM 15000 # 2 spd rear. It has a 8' galion dump bed and only 66,000 miles. Great truck but a pain in the a#@ to tailgate stone with(too short)......

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 6
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 6
I have a 1960 Viking 60 with a 6 cylinder and 12' midwest bed. Working on the brakes and tires of course:(

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 31
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 31
I have a '66 C60 with 292, 4 spd and 2 spd rear. It has a 14 foot, twin hoist all steel flatbed on a 175" wheelbase. Original steel hauler turned grain truck. It sits on our farm with a blown engine waiting for repair.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 187
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 187
Cool...looks like we have a few so far smile smile smile

Any pictures fellas???


Burgie

1964 Chevy C60 w/ Garwood dump, 327 CID, New Process 540C 5-Speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. 2-speed rear axle
1966 Chevy C60 w/ 292 CID, Chevy 4-speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. single speed rear axle

[b]Burgie's 1964 Chevy C60 Restoration Site[/b]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
I have an old C-40 bus, does that count


Now boltless but looking
1951 F-1 350/350
1965 Mustang 355 glide
1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me
1972 Maverick 302 c4
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
1972 Chevy C60 dump truck with air brakes. "Patriot"!

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 75
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 75
I have a 65 C50 wrecker That really needs front fenders. If anybody knows of some reasonable please let me know. It has a 292 in it. I am new to the big bolts so any help or info would help. It hasn,t ran in 12 years so it is going to be a challenge. Burgie your killing me with those perfect body panels on your parts truck.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Faster7/IMG_0251c.jpg

'63 5 speed, 2 speed rear. Tall deck BBC was in it when I got it (most likely 366) with Motorcraft 4 barrel. PTO winch at the front of the bed.

Have used it for a bit of work around the farm, but now looking at stabbing TBI or port injection on it, fresh tires, and putting it to use on the highway.

I guess I lucked out and they're not split rim? How can I tell?

Would most every other 10 lug semi/big truck wheel bolt right on?

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 69
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 69
68 C-60 grin


Randy the easter wabbit !

-here to help fellow enthusiasts as best as possible grin

parting some vehicles, 54 ford truck 57, chevy 210, 69 fairlane coupe HT and others,
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello I have a 1960 C60 Viking grain truck with 47000 miles, dump bed and a I-6 ,4 spd

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
I have a 61-c60 Viking under construction and a 60-c60 Viking parts truck. My 61 has a 261 with a five speed New Procss transmission.
Hobert


"The Lord is my shepherd"
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 117
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 117
1964 C-60 Firetruck,327 4 speed,Everything works and It has won 2 trophys.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~64_chevy/

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 119
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 119
I have a '72 c-50 with 66k original miles.It has a 292 engine. It has a 5yrd. dump box. We use it for the concrete business here in Two Rivers,WI.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
Hey Bertha,
Got any pics? grin

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
I recently purchased a '65 C60 with a wrecker body. Hopefully, this beauty qualifies. Enjoy.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
Nice collection Lilred66!

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
Truckwhisperer:

Thanks for the kind words.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
You left out the 80 series trucks


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 187
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 187
What the heck was I thinkin' Spanky :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good catch...but I honestly don't see that many 80 series as compared to the 50-70's...

Nevertheless...all 80 series owners post your pics now smile smile smile


Burgie

1964 Chevy C60 w/ Garwood dump, 327 CID, New Process 540C 5-Speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. 2-speed rear axle
1966 Chevy C60 w/ 292 CID, Chevy 4-speed w/ Chevy 15,000 lb. single speed rear axle

[b]Burgie's 1964 Chevy C60 Restoration Site[/b]
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Actually Burgie, there were more 80 series trucks than 70 series. In the '60-'66 trucks, the 70 series trucks were redesignated as 60H (Heavy Duty 60 series)after, 1963.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Hmn... so what is the break down on the number designations(c60, etc.) vs. what it will haul for these year big bolts?

-W

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
ok..Ok.. I'll add my 10 cents worth....
'49 chev C-60 flatbed
'65 Chev C-60 35ft School bus (ex Great Northern
Railway)
Plus a '50 GMC C-60 rolling chassis

and Pre 1946 (??) C-60 rolling chassis.... ok. it's not an advanced design..am figuring it might be an art deco.... I bought it as a hay wagon for 5 bucks..... and the front springs attach to a cast mount attached on the end of the frame

michael


\'48 chev 2-ton boom truck (Boomer)
'49 Chev 2-ton flat bed
'65 Chev 35ft school bus
'88 GMC 6500
'72 Superior 26ft class "A" coach
'50 Farmall "M"
'71 MGB GT
'68 Austin-Healey Sprite
'65 Austin-Healey Sprite
and various other odd British cars
and lots of old radios.....

Although we know what the speed of light is..... What I want to know is... How fast is the speed of DARK??
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
my C70. still have alot to do to get her in shape. She has a 440 mopar with 727 torqueflite.
Ive been working on the doors,guages, and the interior.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/RLNTHDR/tyui5.jpg
please,lets not burn me at the stake for it born in '79.


Throttle till you see God,..then brake like hell!!
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 226
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 226
59 viking c60 with one emblem on beatout fender sayin 3800... pics below


What it will say on my Tombstone: "Boy, that guy sure owed alotta people Money"
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17
'68 c50 dump with a small 292 but a big heart. I use it weekly in my construction business.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
i have a 1960 chevy viking with a warner backhoe,vikings are cool good luck with yours.
You can see mine uner truckhoe smile

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 114
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 114
I'm glad to see several people have some heavy Chevy's from the 60's. I wish there was more discussion about the 80 series with the old 409. I know most of these were worn out years ago and have been scraped out, but its nice to hear about them every now and then. Hope to one day restore my 1962 80 series single axle tractor that my father bought new in early '62. We also have a 1963 tandem axle Chev. 80 series tractor.


1957 Chevrolet 6400 flatbed dump
In the Gallery
Webshot pix
1942 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton
1962 Chevrolet M80 tractor
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
I'd like to see those. There's someone selling one, minus the engine, in the swapmeet. I had a 1960 Chevy L80 LCF Roadtractor, with 348ci. engine, power steering, full air brakes, with sanders. See it here, http://www.classiccoe.com/oldcoetrucks/6066.htm


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 37
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 37
1966 GM C50 Dump Truck
1965 GMC 4000 Dump Truck


Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
1964 c-60 dump and 1966 c-60 flatbed

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
Originally Posted by oldiron57
I'm glad to see several people have some heavy Chevy's from the 60's. I wish there was more discussion about the 80 series with the old 409.

I'm always willing to talk about these great old trucks, altho most of my knowledge is on heavy GMC trucks.

I'd also like to see pictures of the trucks that you have.

Bill


'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan
GMC 9500 Fan
Detroit Diesel Fan
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
I've got a 1984 C70. I don't drive it much. I am considering making it my tow vehicle for parades out of state to move the 1951 firetruck. It runs great!


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 73
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 73

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
409 Chevys which came in 80 series for a couple of years and are an interesting but almost forgotten part of grain hauling history in Texas. Literally hundreds of them hauled grain from the Texas High Plains to Corpus and Houston. They were only offered for a couple of years but grain haulers put kept putting crate engines in their trucks until the cab was almost shaken off. The low profile of the truck and the low grain trailer made them outrun many cab over diesels of the day. Gas was cheap and no one seemed to care if they got less than 3 miles per gallon. The first oil embargo changed the whole picture when the cost of gas doubled. Most of the 80 series were tractor equipped short wheel base with a million miles on the chassis. Therefor they were not used much as farm trucks and hardly any of them survive.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 38
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 38
1966 Chevrolet D-60 (V-6 Diesel) with 5 speed tranny. It is a fun truck to drive.

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 254
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 254
1961 Chevy Viking C60, 235 I-6, 4spd, 2spd, with hydraulic dump bed

i know a guy who has a 63 Chevy Viking C60 cabover truck with the 409... one sweet rig

Nate


Link to my photobucket for pics of my vehicles
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/OldIronChevy/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0