The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I picked up a July 2008 issue of "Hot Rod Deluxe" off the magazine rack the other day. It seems to be a magazine geared towards retro and old rods. I think it would be an issue most Stovebolter's would enjoy.

Inside it is a great rebuild article on the Blue Flame 235 cu in engine.
It claims that this rebuild gives the following:

Peak torque Arpm: 217.0 lb-ft @ 2400
Peak Power @ rpm: 132.1 hp @ 4000
Average torque: 198.4 lb-ft
Average power: 111.9 hp

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Thanks, I will definitely pick it up.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
Sounds good. I'll look for it too.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
Glad you guys liked the issue--I'm doing some work for Hot Rod Deluxe now; that's my story on the gasser rear suspension.
In the last issue, I had a shot of my '62 Suburban under a sign that said "Rust College."

-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
Hey Brad54,

I'll keep that suspension article for my 57 delivery. thumbs_up

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
What are the differences between a Blue Flame and a Thriftmaster is it the years of production or car VS truck??....Thanks

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Car vs. Truck I believe.


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
Goes deeper then just car vs. truck. The Blue Flame was the first engine installed in the Corvettes, until they started using V8's. The Blue flame had three 1bbl side-draft carbs, and maby a different head that gave it some more umphhh making it the classic little roadster every one feel in love with.

Here is alittle info from Wiki. Chevy 235 L6 on Wiki


58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0