Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | I am doing some Painting and Engine work this summer and I decided that If I am going to paint the Engine and the exterior I might as well paint the cab........
I am thinking if I do this I would like to install some interior handles for the doors. My question is......
I have a basic cab but would like some pull handles. Was the interior door panel color coded if handles were added? Or with a basic cab were handles and padding just an owner preference option?
Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | no idea? , Anyone dare to guess?  Cliff(help me)59 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | My "guess" is that they were an option and came in black and the interior panels had nothing to do with the color of the handles. But that is just a guess. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | seeing as the doors should already have inside handles or you wouldn't be able to get out  you must mean arm rests, which can be used to pull the doors closed ... they were an available extra cost option [1 or both] and had no effect on anything else, the door panel was never padded, and different paint treatment would have been part of some deluxe interior package Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | factory came with only 1 armrest on the drivers door, Pass doot armrest was an option, My interior is silver, dash top and floor is satin black.... | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 | Cliff, if indeed you are talking about armrests and not handles they are offered by most of the repoppers in an assortment of colors. I've never seen painted or colored interior handles only the chrome version as the factory installed.
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | What red58 said. Either way, they were optional, std trucks had no armrests at all. However, Deluxe cab trucks did have an upholstered insert in the door panels, same material as the inserts on the seats. Kits are available with the original style fabric from C.A.R.S..
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | yer right longbox Bill, I forgot about that Cameo touch, never seen it on other models, but maybe I've never seen a true [non-Cameo] deluxe cab Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | There used to be a '59 3800 flatbet that sat in the local pick-a-part yard I used to go to (don't go there anymore, they quit keeping old stuff). It had the big window cab with the Deluxe trim, or what was left of it. It had the remanents of the door pannels, mainly the boards and a bit of the fabric, green/black as I recall. The truck also had the Deluxe heater, only the blower part was left. The motor/fan from that now resides in mine, along with the vent connection and the fuse panel  .
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |