| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Any bolters out there in B.C. or Wa that I could borrow a grommet installation tool from for a few days ?? Much appreciated Thanks | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | what's a 'grommet installation tool'? usually that'd be a screwdriver, or for the ones with a small hole, something like an allen wrench that fits the hole snug
or do you mean the metal ferrule around the door handle?
Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | *G*.....OK...must be a Canadian thing !!!. Yes, I mean the metal / rubber ferrule that goes around the door handle. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Most of the vendors have them for rent or purchase.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Britcon: If its the same as a 37 ...and I believe it is I have the tool. I purchased it back a few years ago and decided to keep it. By bought it I mean the vendors will take them back and give you your money back (or they use to) but I decided to keep mine. I've loaned it to several guys. I'm not sure what the postage would be to you and back vs buying one these days but we can find out!!
Let us/me know what you think.
A word of advice here. I tried to do it without the tool and the ferrules will get loose and waller around messing up the paint. Another word of advice a fellow bolter gave me is to put an "0" ring around the ferrule on the inside before tighting it with the tool and it will be tight and stay in place better. Heck, I even slide an 0 ring on the ferrule before putting the ferrule through the door and my opinion is it is much better. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Thanks for the offer and tips guys. I will let you know how I make out. | | |
| |
| |