The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (cmayna, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny), 139 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
guys can you simply add a lock asssembly to a 50' chevy drivers door by cutting hole in door and retaining lock with proper clip? it has the pull down handles and i have done it to 51' up doors by adding lock to handle assembly. thanks.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
10micron: I would say "yes" and I also just saw the lock assembly and the retaining clip in a JimCarter catalog.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
The latch assembly has to have a lock mechanism built into it. The pass side has it,to where it can be locked from the outside,, I dont think the driver side has it.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
No the latch up to '51 did not have provisions for a lock, I have four in front of me and the left side is missing the keystone punched lock paul.
Denny Graham
Sanwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0