The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Jon G, Gdads51, dt235sd), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,306
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
I'm working on a 46 1/2 ton pickup. I want to install aftermarket windshield wipers/system. There are numersous systems on the market.

Looking on advice as to cost, ease of installation and dependability from anyone having experience with any of them.

Frank


No better smell than that of fresh paint. I've been building and painting cars/trucks for 47 years. Not gonna stop now.
http://www.coxcustomcars.com/



Joined: May 2002
Posts: 155
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 155
Most of the conversion kits have a no-name chinese motor and burn out when used in heavy rain or snow..I would insist on a Trico motor as they hold up..As for ease of installation, working under the dash is always a pain for me as I'm 6'7"


Geoff


68 GMC 3800
56 JD420C w/JD90 Loader
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
I hate working under the dash myself. But under the dash is getting crowded with a/c. I think I saw a couple that mount behind the kick panel. I would rather find one that will mount in the original location.


No better smell than that of fresh paint. I've been building and painting cars/trucks for 47 years. Not gonna stop now.
http://www.coxcustomcars.com/



Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I'm interested in this thread also but why all the under the dash talks, don't the wipers go above the windshield? Dave


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
I don't know about others but photobucket is a terrible site for pop-ups etc. Every time I go there my Dell threatens divorce!


~Jim
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
There was an article perhaps last year in one of the hot rod truck magazines showing the installation of same.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Originally Posted by homer52
I'm interested in this thread also but why all the under the dash talks, don't the wipers go above the windshield? Dave
The wipers and arms themselves do, but on most trucks, the motor and the transmission arms are under the dash.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
Try newport engineering, easly mounts in the stock location and hooks up just as easy.

www.newportwipers.com


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 354
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 354
Jim Carter has both 6 and 12 volt motors with arms that bolt in place of the original vacuum motor in the header panel. The same 12 volt motor is also available from several street rod suppliers. A similar motor shows up on E-bay ocassionally for about $25.


Harold Wilson
41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Originally Posted by wilbur
Try newport engineering, easly mounts in the stock location and hooks up just as easy.

www.newportwipers.com
That's what I have, very pleased with the performance.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 354
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 354
Are you sure the Newport unit fits a '41-46? Their ad says "Designed for attachment to O.E.M. wiper transmission or cable drums". The '41-46 truck doesn't have a transmission or cable drums.


Harold Wilson
41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
I thought I read in one of the magazines that Newport has come up with a unit for these trucks also. And I thought it went up above, where the original was.
Not sure which magazine--either "Vintage Truck" or "Classic Trucks".


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0