The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, tclederman, sron48, FAST55, Hambone, cmayna), 149 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#379661 02/25/2008 2:00 AM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
Ok I admit it . These doors are kickin my Tail. I work on other projects on the 1949 burb and always the doors are stacked in the corner giving me an evil grin smile I am now to the point they need to be reattached. I have installed new felt channel, inside and outside whiskers/rubber, and put in new regulators. I have new glass and the "slide" attached to the bottom. What is the procedure to get it into the door cavity and onto the regulator? Any comments or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks as always.


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
I was in your boat ...I went this way ..I first installed the rear strip and vent window an glued it all in usin the window itself as a guide to hold the trim till it cured runnin it up by hand from the bottem.
After the trim was where it should be ..i then had to remove the vent window an its long slider ..I got the glass in the door ..an fished the vent window into a its semi permanent place you will have to wrangle your regulator in there NOW ..get it in the window channell.
Now set your wing window an bolt it down ..now that the window is captured in BOTH felts , now mount your regulator solid .
that worked for me



1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
My 49 does not have vent windows so I dont have the ability to take out vent side channel to put glass in. Anyone else have a suggestion? is it possible to take regulator out, put it together the reinstall regulator?


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
On Ebay and some of the vendors they sell a cab manual for things like doors and windows it was written in 1947-48 and works for all cabs to 1950. I bought one and would recommend it. However if you can't find one send me an e-mail and I will mail you photocopies.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
If your asking how to hook the glass channel to the reg.

The reg goes in last, Put the window in the truck then put the regulator in from the bottom. Put the rollers in the channel and bring the whole unit up to attach the screws to the reg.
not the easiest to do but can be done.


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Originally Posted by Brad Allen
On Ebay and some of the vendors they sell a cab manual for things like doors and windows it was written in 1947-48 and works for all cabs to 1950.

You can also get one that goes from '47-'51 from THE FILLING STATION for $9... part number DG-62


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
Thanks Wilbur. I will try your method and see what happens.


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
49, I'm headed out for a while tonight, but when I get back I'll send you an email with scans from the manual I have that shows you how to get the glass in. It's relatively simple.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
Tom R thanks please send to [email protected]


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
49, I just sent the scans, but they total over 6Mb. If you can't open them (two scans @ 3Mb each). I can re-send them seperately, and maybe that'll work. I don't know why scans take so much memory.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
Oops! I sent the e-mail to the address in your profile. I'll try breaking it down and re-sending them to your gmail account.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
I sent the scans a few days ago. Did you get 'em?


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Book arrived today... another product misrepresented! The book does not cover '51 as advertised. I fail to what's so difficult about this people... '51 doors are the ONLY year with vent windows and pull down door latches.

The book actually covers 47-50 and has all the info you need to deal with any aspect of your doors... as long as you don't have vent windows.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0