| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (50Chevy3100, 3800GUY, 1 invisible),
180
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,255 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | Ok I admit it . These doors are kickin my Tail. I work on other projects on the 1949 burb and always the doors are stacked in the corner giving me an evil grin  I am now to the point they need to be reattached. I have installed new felt channel, inside and outside whiskers/rubber, and put in new regulators. I have new glass and the "slide" attached to the bottom. What is the procedure to get it into the door cavity and onto the regulator? Any comments or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks as always.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | I was in your boat ...I went this way ..I first installed the rear strip and vent window an glued it all in usin the window itself as a guide to hold the trim till it cured runnin it up by hand from the bottem. After the trim was where it should be ..i then had to remove the vent window an its long slider ..I got the glass in the door ..an fished the vent window into a its semi permanent place you will have to wrangle your regulator in there NOW ..get it in the window channell. Now set your wing window an bolt it down ..now that the window is captured in BOTH felts , now mount your regulator solid . that worked for me
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | My 49 does not have vent windows so I dont have the ability to take out vent side channel to put glass in. Anyone else have a suggestion? is it possible to take regulator out, put it together the reinstall regulator?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | On Ebay and some of the vendors they sell a cab manual for things like doors and windows it was written in 1947-48 and works for all cabs to 1950. I bought one and would recommend it. However if you can't find one send me an e-mail and I will mail you photocopies. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 427 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 427 | If your asking how to hook the glass channel to the reg.
The reg goes in last, Put the window in the truck then put the regulator in from the bottom. Put the rollers in the channel and bring the whole unit up to attach the screws to the reg. not the easiest to do but can be done. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | On Ebay and some of the vendors they sell a cab manual for things like doors and windows it was written in 1947-48 and works for all cabs to 1950. You can also get one that goes from '47-'51 from THE FILLING STATION for $9... part number DG-62 | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | Thanks Wilbur. I will try your method and see what happens.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 | 49, I'm headed out for a while tonight, but when I get back I'll send you an email with scans from the manual I have that shows you how to get the glass in. It's relatively simple. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | Tom R thanks please send to [email protected]
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 | 49, I just sent the scans, but they total over 6Mb. If you can't open them (two scans @ 3Mb each). I can re-send them seperately, and maybe that'll work. I don't know why scans take so much memory. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 | Oops! I sent the e-mail to the address in your profile. I'll try breaking it down and re-sending them to your gmail account. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 | I sent the scans a few days ago. Did you get 'em? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | Book arrived today... another product misrepresented! The book does not cover '51 as advertised. I fail to what's so difficult about this people... '51 doors are the ONLY year with vent windows and pull down door latches.
The book actually covers 47-50 and has all the info you need to deal with any aspect of your doors... as long as you don't have vent windows. | | |
| |
| |