The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#374137 02/12/2008 3:27 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 20
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 20
Going through all my misc nuts and bolts I came across two flat washers. They are 1 1/4 O.D. with a 3/8 hole and there are 5/16 thick with the Chevy bowtie stamp on them. Iam going to use them for washer on top of my 216 stubs that hold down the valve cover. I have no idea where I got them.
Anybody know what they were for ?

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
No idea. 5/16" thick is mighty thick for a washer. I'm betting they're a spacer of some kind. If you don't get an answer to your query here you might try over at the VCCA site.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
I had the same on my '46 and I thinnk they came from my front motor mounts.


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
They go to the johnson rod


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
Nah Brian, they space out the muffler bearing mounting bracket.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
66 I think you are thinking of the 1/4" thick washers.


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
woops, maybe I am Brian headscratch

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
4
Moderated
Moderated
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Found these washers with my front motor mount parts from my '41 Chevy 3/4 ton truck. After cleaning everything up, discovered the bowtie on the washer. Now I am trying to remember how it all goes back together. Replacing the 216 with a '60 235 and S-10 5 speed.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
I found the same bowtie marked washers on an unmolested 1942 1 1/2 ton truck. They were used on the lower 2 bolts of the front motor mount. The only markings I ever recovered.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
You got it Paul, they are standoffs at the front motor mount:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/149005339

DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0