The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Woogeroo, sparky46, Otto Skorzeny, lumbersawyer), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,104
Posts1,056,201
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
hey guys...haven't been on this forum in a long time and happy to be back...my old 1bbl finally hit the fan and just worn out...i was going to buy a replacement rebuilt 1bbl from classic parts of america or thought about switching to a 2bbl...but like to keep the orignal linkage and such.....any advice appreciated...

Thanks,
Matt


1966 Chevrolet C-10
1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1989 Pontiac Bonneville
MY GARAGE...www.dragcitygarage.com
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
I bought a new(reman) carb from the local Autozone when I rebuilt my truck, and so far haven't had any problems with it at all. Under a $100.


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 128
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 128
Why not take the opprotunity and convert to a 2 hole TBI ....

Or for the classic look two 1 hole TBI on a 2x1 manifold...

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 190
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 190
If I remember right, there was a guy on the internet that restored them plus had parts and info. I think it was bowtie restorations or carbs or something like that, I had his address in my old computer, but it crashed and I lost it. He was very helpful. The carb place here in town laughed at me when they say all the brass parts in there. If its like mine on my 47, though mines an up draft. I got a rebuild kit for mine, I believe from Napa, it was ok. I had to bush a few things to take up slop, everything else was usable, its working fine - good luck with yours.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
thanks guys..the old carb been rebuilt a bunch times over the years and wore out...i'll check into it!

Thanks,
Matt


1966 Chevrolet C-10
1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1989 Pontiac Bonneville
MY GARAGE...www.dragcitygarage.com
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i also bought mine from auto zone and have been very happy over the last three years. ron btw log on to langdon's stovebolt and see what is has to offer. ron

Last edited by WE b OLD; 01/23/2008 7:46 PM.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0