The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (MRMEROTH11, Charles in CA, mick53), 150 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
Hello,
As I have been prepping the cab for removal, I have been able to remove a lot of parts that I have been able to clean up. I am looking for a good paint recommendation for items such as:

steering column
parking brake assy
Radiator support
pedal shafts
steering box

I hate to ask but is there a rattle can alternative that is worthy?

Thanks,
brian

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Eastwood makes some good coatings for natural finish looks $$$. One really good paint I have used is sold at Home Depot(Rust-Oleum)it is an enamel for refinishing appliances. It is about $5.00 a can and if you let it dry overnight after spraying and follow-up with another coat it is very tough and durable. I have used both the black and the white and they are both good.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I go along with Brad. The appliance enamel is some tuff stuff after its dried good. Also remember if you paint anything that will see the sunlight be sure to use emamel as laquer would fade!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Paint is only as good as the prep work. I like Duplicolor Self-Etching Primer for blasted parts and Rustolium enamels for finish coating detail parts.

Although I like lacquer, it lacks the durability of enamel.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0