The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Southerntruck, Ponchogl, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon, 1955 1 Series, fonz8261, 2 invisible), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#344172 12/03/2007 4:42 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
The car club had our last crusie-in (toy/food drive) yesterday and one of the memebers drove his 51AD for the first time. I sat in it and it felt good and I ask where the seats came from. He said a Blazer C/10. They felt good but I couldn't see them good as he had an old cloth over them until he gets them uphostered. Has any of you use this type seats? I failed to ask what model they were but they sure sat good. I figured I could add that to my list to look for when I go to the salvage yard. So far its 2000 Silverado, Buick LaSabre, and now Blazer C/10.

Feel free to add to this list if you know they work good.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
If the C10 is the same size as an S10, I think they would be a bit narrow. I have an S10 seat that I use as a chair in my shop, and its about 4" narrower than the seat in my '54.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
I installed a 1991 F#@* aerostar removable rear seat in my 51, it fit in the original seat basket perfect plus it's got a fold arm rest/ drink tray and seat belts built in !! worked out great...

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2104883020100410726SRjHaO

excuse the mess it was still under construction

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2830222820100410726luFbuW

Todd



Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
I am using a beige leather back seat out of a Ford Expedition SUV as my AD's front seat and it works very well. It is very very comfortable. I fabricated a seat adapter out of angle iron and welded it up, so that I can still use the original seat adjustments. Best thing is, it delatches so that you can move the seatback down and use the space above the gas tank for storage. It also unlatches for relatively easy removal out of the cab. It is a few inches shorter than OEM, but does not affect seating position any.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thanks guys, I'm still "thinking" and exploring my options. Since this is for a panel I'm thinking something that will slide forward and fold down. I may want to put one of the grandkids in the back without opening the rear doors! Thanks again.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
I have a set of buckets from a late model chevy/gmc and a shifter console from an s-10. I like them because of the built-in seat bealts.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0