| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Chip O),
62
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,695 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | Guys, Check out the new pics on my link. The album is called Cab on...color scheme.
I finally got the cab back on. There is a little more work to do but I could no longer stand to have it in the middle of my very small garage.
I have a little more welding to do on my cowls and doors then I can start on my fenders, grill and hood. I am planning to build a wooden flatbed for now so I can get it on the road this summer. I will deal with the original bed after that.
I rigged a come along onto some steel in the rafters og my garage. I needed 29 inches to roll the frame under the cab but only got 27 so I had to walk it on. Took a little longer but my lovely wife helped....what a woman!
I really like the blue. It is close to the original color and similar to another truck near to my heart. The interior is lighter than it looks. I plan on black accessories, door panels, header etc.
What do you guys think of the colors???
RB53 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | Also, If anyone has any pics of a wood flat bed or plans for one I would love someideas. I am pretty good with wood and framing bu why reinvent the wheel if i don't need to. RB53 | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 707 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 707 | black fenders & boards, right? 1951 3800 Be the change you want to see. -hotshoe
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | Black boards but I think I want to keep the fenders blue. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 180 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 180 |
1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress" 1967 Chevelle 300
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Wow, what a great photo story. I went through all your truck photos and really enjoyed them. That paint is going to look really nice. You are very talented. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | RB53 - I certainly like the blue as it's pretty close to my blue . I was originally going to stay all blue but after contemplating my Danbury Mint 1:24 Scale 1941 AK model and a restoration by the Willoughby family in Canada decided to do the black offsets. My blue was taken from the Danbury model which is Export Blue. Your crop and renew work looks great too! It's certainly nice to find metal patch panels where you can do a proper restoration. Thanks for the nice pics My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 114 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 114 | I like it! It looks great. keep the pictures coming !! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 | 1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal 1964 gmc 4000 1973 gmc 6000 2005 chevy duramax 4x4 1994 chevy 1500 Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange "I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | I like the colors. I'm thinking of doing my interior in about the same color - did you use a rattle-can for the inside? Looks good! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 453 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 453 | Looks good my man. Looks like you're perty handy with the welder. I was checking out your cab repair picture trail too. Sorta identical to what I had to do. The amount of work it takes to replace all the sheet metal on a cab that had that much rust can be overwelming, but you did a good job. Glad to see you took the time to repair the original cab instead of finding a replacement cab all together.
My hats off to ya! ~Ron | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 166 |
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS "Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan 1966 Fleetside SWB Webshots | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 40 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 40 | lookin Good! I can certainly appreciate all the sheetmetal work you did. I had to replace almost my entire bottom of my cab! Good Luck, cant wit to see the finished product!
P.S. Its a good feeling when you get to drive it! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | I like the color alot. Keep up the good work. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Looks good. Come on over with your mig.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | Thanks guys. I have to say I would not have known where to start if it weren't for all the great advice I get here on this sight.
I did weld for a living period of time in my younger days, of course I was much better then but that is what they make grinders for.
Waldo53... I used duplicolor dark shadow grey rattle can with several coats of etching primer under. I figure if I prep well and lay on several coatsof color and several coats of clear I should get a finish to suit an ocasional driver.
Mummdogg... your right the metal work was daunting. I found it similar to doing tile work. 90 percent planning and measuring(bracing)and 10 percent fitting and tacking. Then welding the seams was a timeconsuming but easy task. | | |
| |
| |