The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Flatblu4748, Jay R, wilbur53, lumbersawyer), 75 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,683
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Guys,
Check out the new pics on my link. The album is called Cab on...color scheme.

I finally got the cab back on. There is a little more work to do but I could no longer stand to have it in the middle of my very small garage.

I have a little more welding to do on my cowls and doors then I can start on my fenders, grill and hood. I am planning to build a wooden flatbed for now so I can get it on the road this summer. I will deal with the original bed after that.

I rigged a come along onto some steel in the rafters og my garage. I needed 29 inches to roll the frame under the cab but only got 27 so I had to walk it on. Took a little longer but my lovely wife helped....what a woman!

I really like the blue. It is close to the original color and similar to another truck near to my heart. The interior is lighter than it looks. I plan on black accessories, door panels, header etc.

What do you guys think of the colors???

RB53


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Also, If anyone has any pics of a wood flat bed or plans for one I would love someideas. I am pretty good with wood and framing bu why reinvent the wheel if i don't need to.
RB53


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
black fenders & boards, right?


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Black boards but I think I want to keep the fenders blue.


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
looks nice!


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Wow, what a great photo story. I went through all your truck photos and really enjoyed them. That paint is going to look really nice. You are very talented.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
RB53 - I certainly like the blue as it's pretty close to my blue . I was originally going to stay all blue but after contemplating my Danbury Mint 1:24 Scale 1941 AK model and a restoration by the Willoughby family in Canada decided to do the black offsets. My blue was taken from the Danbury model which is Export Blue.

Your crop and renew work looks great too! It's certainly nice to find metal patch panels where you can do a proper restoration.

Thanks for the nice pics


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 114
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 114
I like it! It looks great.
keep the pictures coming !!


Your wife called & said
"buy whatever you want"!
-
1961 Chevy Apache 10 Restoration Photo Album
-
in the Gallery ...
My 1961 Chevy Custom Apache 10 SWB
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
looks good


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
I like the colors. I'm thinking of doing my interior in about the same color - did you use a rattle-can for the inside? Looks good!

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
Looks good my man. Looks like you're perty handy with the welder. I was checking out your cab repair picture trail too. Sorta identical to what I had to do. The amount of work it takes to replace all the sheet metal on a cab that had that much rust can be overwelming, but you did a good job. Glad to see you took the time to repair the original cab instead of finding a replacement cab all together.

My hats off to ya!
~Ron

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
Nice color!


SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

1966 Fleetside SWB Webshots
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
lookin Good! I can certainly appreciate all the sheetmetal work you did. I had to replace almost my entire bottom of my cab! Good Luck, cant wit to see the finished product!

P.S. Its a good feeling when you get to drive it!

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
I like the color alot. Keep up the good work.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Looks good. Come on over with your mig.


~Jim
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Thanks guys. I have to say I would not have known where to start if it weren't for all the great advice I get here on this sight.

I did weld for a living period of time in my younger days, of course I was much better then but that is what they make grinders for.

Waldo53... I used duplicolor dark shadow grey rattle can with several coats of etching primer under. I figure if I prep well and lay on several coatsof color and several coats of clear I should get a finish to suit an ocasional driver.

Mummdogg... your right the metal work was daunting. I found it similar to doing tile work. 90 percent planning and measuring(bracing)and 10 percent fitting and tacking. Then welding the seams was a timeconsuming but easy task.


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0