The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227946 02/23/2007 1:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 451
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 451
Been in Atlanta 2.5 years and have been living the new job. Time to find folks with outside of work with interests such as mine; Chevy inline sixes and old chevy trucks. My 46 Chevy truck is presently in OK and I live in an apartmewnt in Vinings so logistics of working on it are complicated right now. Would be willing to help out a bit and learn some if you could use some help on a rebuild and your local.
email off site is [email protected]

Cavebull


cavebull
Stovebolts - so easy even a Cavebull can do it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dodsonbrett/collections
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
Nice truck! I'll bet your getting sick of separation anxiety. I have already done my rebuild, but I'm always tinkering with something. I live in Avondale. I have only been around here since July, so I won't be much help as far as local knowledge goes. I noticed you work at the aquarium. Very Cool! We went a few months back and loved it. cool

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
Hey Shipwright..glad to see you're still alive and kicking! Was thinking about giving him your name...but hesitated! Still plugging away on my truck...got the engine back yesterday....going to crank the C/Webers on the 56 engine this morning. Keep your fingers crossed. Probably will leak like a sieve!!!!

Dave

BTW...still get a kick out of watching your truck video...way cool!!!


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
I'm about 3 hours south of you and sold the truck last Sept so not much help to you. Imagine Woogeroo man will chime in here soon and maybe you two can get hooked up. Welcome to GA and the Stovebolt page. You're in for a ride now. cool


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
#227950 02/23/2007 10:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
I'm glad to see Im not the only one working downtown. With an old truck love afair. Welcome to the neighborhood. If you find a shop to hangout at for experience let us know how that goes.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
wow, free help...I'm just really getting into my panel but.....heck, I'm not local frown


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 451
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 451
The only positive is I get to go see my parents every couple months (thier retired and like spending time with them more than ever). That 1200 on airline tickets went a long way, just not in the truck.

Shipwright, nice truk as well, but the video did not help either. I like the sound of her pipes. I figure if I can just get mine running I can rent me a garege at the complex. Always gonna have to balance a noise factor with the residents... no impacts on Saturday mornin' I guess.
This week found an alternative route to work with a NAPA beteen home and there. Also noticed a commercial bus maintence shop next door with a forty'ish dodge truck and redone early to mid 60 stepside.
I guess if it was easy everybody would be done,eh?
Brett


cavebull
Stovebolts - so easy even a Cavebull can do it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dodsonbrett/collections

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0