The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#224849 01/18/2007 2:03 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
A couple of days ago a post was put up about a 49 Chev that was severely modified on the Left Coast. I've been thinking about our collective reactions to that truck, and the general opinion seemed to be on of "that truck is totally ruined"

Now my question: Which of the below does the best job of "ruining" an old truck?

1 The guy that totally modifies it to his dream...(ie the '49)

2. The guy that puts in a Big Block, new after market frame, tubs, chop, section, one piece windshield, etc etc....

3. The widow that won't sell her late husband's truck, but would rather see it rust into the ground...

4. The old guy that is "...going to restore it someday" (But never will) or...

5. The enthusiast that starts out great, but gets bogged down in a money-pit basket case that turns out being sold for parts.

I'm not talking about personalities here, I'm talking about the ways to ruin "an old truck"

Waddya think?


"Old trucks are not a matter of life and death, they're more important than that."

1968 Chevy C-20 3/4-Ton Short Bed Dually
#224850 01/18/2007 2:19 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
In my opinion a truck is ruined when-

1. It is so modiefied it is no longer original(i.e. 49')
2. When it is not used, its a truck, trucks are for working. What I really mean is that if it just sits for no reason but just to look at, its a waste.

Those are my two opinions, mods are cool but done with taste and not going overboard. I have a duel carb setup but I still have the same engine and everything else is original.


58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD

#224851 01/18/2007 2:42 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
The truth is you'll have folks say that thing was the coolest thing they'd ever seen and not ruined at all.

It's just a matter of personal opinion.

I'm of the opinion that most of these old trucks were just about perfect when they rolled off the assembly line, at least in regards to styling and design.

I consider ANY year truck to be 'ruined' when irreversible modifications that make the truck unidentifiable are made.

Not sure how many people could look at that abomination and tell WHAT the heck it was, let alone pin it down to a specific year.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
#224852 01/18/2007 2:51 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
The old trucks have a lot of character. I bought a 51 a little while ago...always wanted one looked for years and finally found one in great shape...so my wife said I could buy it..Its going to be my daily driver once I finish the little things broken on it...I'm going from a 2002 gmc extend cab with every bell and whistle to a 51...I can't wait...every vehicle has a personality and that round shape...sleek design fits me...I rather modify the old truck with dual carbs than drop a small block 350 into it...at least thats my personal idea...small blocks are cool..had many but nothing like the orginal with character..


1951 3100
http://community.webshots.com/user/HolcombRacing11

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso
#224853 01/18/2007 2:57 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
There are as many old truck boards to join as there are opinions of what ruins any truck...you hit a lot of the points that some here at TSP dont like but lets take a look at the common answers too...

Quote
1 The guy that totally modifies it to his dream...(ie the '49)
the owner of 49 has prolly taken more than his share of beatings from 'purists' and will later as well...im sure he does not care as he drives away..if so..he needs a new hobby..

Quote
2. The guy that puts in a Big Block, new after market frame, tubs, chop, section, one piece windshield, etc etc....
If you are refering to a hot rod..(becuz this example really just echoes #1 example above) then youll find much support on the HAMB...

Quote
3. The widow that won't sell her late husband's truck, but would rather see it rust into the ground...
If my wife loved me that much to keep that truck just so she can feel my presence..God Bless her and i hope it works 4 her..matter of fact..thats one of the best uses ive heard a truck perform...doesnt cost a dime to do it and shes happy..sounds like a very smart old girl to me,,

Quote
4. The old guy that is "...going to restore it someday" (But never will) or...
Ive had many things i planned on doing but did not finish...happens to all of us...

Quote
5. The enthusiast that starts out great, but gets bogged down in a money-pit basket case that turns out being sold for parts.
His loss someone elses gain..gotta thank him 4 holding on to those old parts 4 me...


I guess the answer to your question is like the same as ..'whats this truck worth?' or 'rod or restore?'answer=whatever its worth to you and whatever you want it to do..

I dont see any injustice at all...i see great Americans excersizing their freedoms and lets face it...an old truck aint worth a ton of cash any old way..its just an old truck..what makes it cool and what makes it enjoyable..is making it yours.... ohwell

#224854 01/18/2007 3:52 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
First things first, any public forum is no place for anyone who doesnt have thick enough skin to let things roll off their back, and I would definately say that a sense of humor is a prerequisite also. Beyond that, truthfully, nobody has any right judging anyone else's truck unless they have any time, money, or effort invested. I dont care if you cut the top off, channel it, narrow the rearend and graft on a 51 Ford F100 front clip, hey man, its your project. And on the other hand, if building it completely stock right down to the last nut and bolt is your thing, thats cool, build it your way. Yeah, I made the post, I will be the first to admit, that truck made me wanna puke, but, if an apology is what youre after, Im sorry, but policing the forum to "correct" peoples wrongs or opinions that you dont necessarily agree with is no way to gain popularity either. Sorry for ranting, but "righting" a truck forum is not going to solve world hunger dude, laugh it off and let it go.

Sorry for the rant


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
#224855 01/18/2007 4:12 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
When is a truck ruined? About two seconds after the crusher flattens it. Until that point, it either always has potential, is exactly what the owner wants, or is on the way to being what the owner wants.

Opinions about what's right, wrong, good or bad about trucks in general is like saying "I only like to sleep with Brunettes. I can't see why anyone would want to sleep with a blond or a red head. In fact, I think all women should be brunettes, because blonds and redheads just don't do a thing for me. I don't like them, I don't think they're attractive, and I can't see how anyone else would either."

When I was back in college, a friend and I had a conversation along those lines. He said to me "I can't figure out what type of women you like...Me, I'm a **** man. I really like a nice ****. But you've dated all kinds of different women--big girls, thin girls, blonds, brunettes, very light skinned girls and asian girls. You don't really have a "type."

I said "Yeah I do...I like girls! Big ones, little ones, blond ones, brunette ones, light ones, dark ones. I like girls!"

My opinion on vehicles is about the same. Now, I know a lot of people don't like particular types of trucks/girls, but that's just fine. A) more for the rest of us and B) if you all liked the exact same trucks/girls I liked, you'd all be driving '62 Suburbans, and you'd all be dating my wife. I'd have a very large problem with both. So, since variety is the spice of life, how's about we all just look at particular trucks/girls, and if we like 'em, oggle them a bit in appreciation. And if we don't, remember that some other guy looks at it as his pride and joy, and who are we to criticize? Look what we're riding around in/with!

-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.
#224856 01/18/2007 4:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
W
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
In my opinion an old truck is only truly ruined by the attitude of the owner. Anyone who makes old truck owner’s look bad or gives the hobby a bad name. I am sure most folk have run into jerks, ‘she-it’ heads and just total a$$ holes at one time or another. There seems to be one or more for every hobby no matter what.
If there were more folk like the ones here on the Stovebolt, who are willing to share information, lend a big had, give advice, swap and sell parts, point folk in the right direction or keep them inspired when they hit lows or run up against a wall, and have a desire to inspire young, old and in-between to love old trucks like they do themselves just think how many old trucks would still be around.
Everyone has their own ideas about how to do an old truck. Mine is to try and make it more diver friendly (stopping and going) on a daily basis but I don’t believe in chopping anything stock up on my (note the word my) truck that would ruin the possibility of it being reversed in the future. If I can not upgrade without chopping, cutting or changing what is stock then it won’t be upgraded. But that is only because (in my opinion) it is so stock and in such good condition. But bet your sisters panties tho, if it had a rusted frame or body it would have a newer donor frame, after market body parts, BIG motor etc…If you can’t make it right then make it pretty to look at, pretty nice to drive and pretty, pretty, pretty dammmm fast. Anyway you look at I don’t know anyone who doesn’t look twice at an old truck no matter what it looks like.
And I totally agree with Packhorse32 on #5
“His loss someone elses gain..gotta thank him 4 holding on to those old parts 4 me...”


1937 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery
#224857 01/18/2007 4:52 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
each to his own, it's MY truck, i'll do with it as i please.... if I mod the heck out of it, then only a "special" person will buy it, if It rusts away, so be it, It's MINE... if I part it out.. same story, but at least someone gets the parts.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#224858 01/18/2007 4:59 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
It is not ruined if it is timeless, i.e. the latest craze passes and is no longer cool.

Slamming a truck to the ground will pass and the radical frame and suspension modifications are not reversed, thus the truck is not timeless.

Shaving a truck of all of its exterior accessories will pass and the handles, antennae, gas filler neck, tail lights, head lights, park lights, etc., will never be replaced, thus the truck is not timeless.

Updating the systems of the truck leaves many of the vintage parts for the scrape heap, to never be used or found again, thus the truck is not timeless.

To each his own, however in thrity years many of these trucks will be at the end of their lifespan without the TLC of the vintage truck lover. Preserving them is vital to their survival, whereas they are not making them anymore. If a highly modified/customized truck doesn't end up in a museum, chances are the style will pass and the next guy will have other interests, thus the truck gets pushed to the back of the class and soon forgotten.

Long live the vintage iron.

#224859 01/18/2007 5:46 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
I have to say that options 1 and 2 on your list of 5 will do the best job ruining an old truck. Options 3, 4, and 5 at least leave some hope that someone will come along and save an ole stovebolt.

A large part of my inspiration, in getting the '41 back on the road, was derived from William Least Heat Moon's book "The Blue Highways: A Journey into America" which I read in 1982.

Being somewhat a romantic, I, like most folks, like to see some of the past preserved; and try within my means to do my part. I think Bob Dylan was on to something, way back when, with the Big Yellow Taxi

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
A pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spa
Don’t it always gonna to show
You never know what you’ve got
‘Til it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
They charged the people
A dollar and a half just to seem 'em
Don't it always gonna to show
You never know what you’ve got
‘Til it’s gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot....


All of that being said I am putting a 3:55 rear end, a 1957 235ci, and a 12v generator in my '41. Will it "ruin" the truck? In my opinion, no, as the truck will still evoke dreams of times past without ruining the flavor -- something like putting hickory chips in my gas grill.

This afternoon I purchased 3 used books pertaining to "Old Florida". Although I'm sure that most of Old Florida is gone and paved over, I still want to make my first Blue Highway trial run in the Sunshine State. Once I get the kinks worked out, and decide if I'm up to it, I hope to make a circuitous trip through the lower south, head north somewhere between LA and TX and then kinda east from the mid-west. From somewhere out there I'll sas shey towards home wherever the back roads may lead. Along the way I hope that folks will enjoy looking at the old pick-up, ask questions, and tell me their own stories about Old America.


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
#224860 01/18/2007 6:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
I am of the mind it is up to the guy (or gal) that owns the truck. My 63 which I have all the dealer paperwork on and has never been modified will stay original until I'm in the dirt. It would be nice to have air-conditioning, power steering, disc brakes, heck even back-up lights, but I have an 05 Silverado with all that.I do have a boom box to stick my Sirrus sattelite radio in when I take a long ride! I have a 62 stepside that is going to get all the above treatments because it is not as nice right now and I have no original documentation. Alot of us put on a uniform so people can have the freedom of individuality. I say let em do what they want with their own property.


1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
1970 C-30 Dump Truck
2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle
1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout


#224861 01/18/2007 7:11 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
This discussion came up a year or so ago, and I remember what one fellow said here about an eMail he'd gotten from a guy who dealt in old truck parts.

I can't quote it exactly, and i'm too tired and lazy at the moment to try and search for it, but the general gist of of the quote was this:

We don't ever really 'own' these treasures, we're just keeping an eye on them for the next generation.. and by chopping them up and molesting them, we're closing the door of opportunity for th e next generation to admire and appreciate these relics of days long past.

But everybody has a different view on things.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
#224862 01/18/2007 7:22 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
OK, I think maybe I can shed some light on this. Let's look at it this way.

When is an old truck ruined? When it is no longer desireable.

3,4 and 5 are not ruined...Those are the ones we all want, period.

Now between one and two. I for one am not locked to pureism so I would rule out number 2 also. At least half the folk will want something modified if it is done in good taste.

That leaves us down to number one, and using my theory, if people (generally speaking, as in masses) want it, that means it isn't ruined. as for the poor truck that started this whole thing, based on the forum responses, I would consider it ruined. Some dreams that come to fruition are in fact works of art.

Thats the way I see it anyway.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
#224863 01/18/2007 9:10 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 71
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 71
I lean original, or close to it usually, as long as the truck will serve it's purpose.
But I've sure got no problem with up-grades,or full-blown rodding, if that's the owners choice.
Just a shame to see something done in such a way that it's un-retrievable at a later time. They're only iron ore & rubber, but - "They don't make 'em like that anymore!" wink

#224864 01/18/2007 10:11 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
50chevyscott,
I'm not looking for an apology, I'm not "policing" the forum, niether am I trying to win any popularity contest...I just asked for a few opinions. This isn't about "righting a truck forum".
"Laugh it off and let it go..."

Later,


"Old trucks are not a matter of life and death, they're more important than that."

1968 Chevy C-20 3/4-Ton Short Bed Dually
#224865 01/18/2007 1:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
50chevyscott.I know I could not have said it any better.

#224866 01/18/2007 2:27 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
It looks as if the seller of the '49 got $20,000 for the creation that spawned this thread. Going back and taking a look at it again made me think a bit more about this particular "restoration". Other than the dash, the doors (maybe), and part of the bed I don't think that there is too much of the original '49 left. Since we don't know what the builder started with its a bit unfair to judge simply on the final results. Although I can't stand the colors I do appreciate the workmanship that with into this project. I seriously doubt that the seller recouped all of his investment, especially if you take into account the time involved.

Personally, I like the 5 window in the background. If this truck was butchered to look something like the subject '49 I would definately say it would fall into category 1. Years ago I was told that my '41 would fetch much more on a resell if I lowered it and rodded it out. The future monetary value of my truck is not what my project is all about.


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
#224867 01/18/2007 2:47 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Pretty much the owners choice.I like the restored to original ones,but on the other hand I cant stop myself from streetrodding them out just a little.Yeah my 55 sits pretty low to the ground,has power disc brakes and power steering.Also a bad A$$ 350 engine with an Oh my God 700R4 auto trans.Its a joy to drive,and it will blow the doors off of a few hotrods.Its my truck and thats the way I like it.

#224868 01/18/2007 2:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
A truck is never ruined until it is crushed. Until that time, its owner is enjoying it no matter what others might think. It's your truck and you can have it anyway you like! That is my approach to any car, truck or airplane.


#224869 01/18/2007 3:20 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I'll bet if you check buyer & seller feedback later the truck prolly never actually sold-just folks playing around. I mean come on, the truck is @5k you are gonna bid $20k-no way. I've seen too many "sold" & then come up for sale again much cheaper. Nobody can stand that kinda loss. The truck is not my cup o'tea either. I personally hate seeing the old iron rot away out in the field/yard. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#224870 01/18/2007 4:13 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Hey Robin, turning that 35 Ford into a ratrod is a serious crime against mechanity... he should be making a chevy !!


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#224871 01/18/2007 5:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
Robin58,
I am envious of the time you get to spend with your son's working on these projects. My son is in Santa Cruz, Ca. in college and I miss him terribly. Hopefully the "California Dreamin" will only be temporary and he'll come on back to Dixie! The 62 I was talking about in the above post I have in the back of my mind as a coming home present.


1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
1970 C-30 Dump Truck
2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle
1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout


#224872 01/18/2007 11:24 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
I like trucks that are in original condition, but I still believe you have the right to do whatever you want with your truck. I appreciate seeing the original designs as they give insight into the engineering that went into the classic trucks. Some of their solutions to engineering problems or design features made in defference to the tastes of the times are funny to me and some are downright profound or beautiful. I still enjoy a well done hot rod that keeps the form of the original vehicle, but I can really appreciate a fully restored classic even more. I don't know if this point has already been made, but if everybody started modifying the old trucks (and cars) to fit current trends or their own tastes, there would no longer be any examples of the trucks (and cars) from our childhood. For me that is very sad frown . So, I think that we ought to appreciate those who make the extreme effort to fully restore their classic vehicles. As far as the original question, 1 & 2 are ruined for me, 3 is sweet and sad, and 4 & 5 are just something that can happen. The biggest waste (and unfortunately this fits many of the people who fully restore or fully rod a vehicle) is the car or truck that is never driven and only looked at. That is something that I will never understand.


58 Fleetside, 235, "The Old Buckin' Bronco"
#224873 01/19/2007 12:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
classic on the outside is stylish but the inside is just that the inside and could be more modern and convenient

that being said i am restoring a 57 panel and dropping in a mid 70's 350 and adding disc brakes


1957 Chevy 3800 Panel Truck - "Nightmare"
(Nightmare to restore)
Will give nightmares to the Fathers of my girlfriends.
"I'm in artillery!" Thank you, Bob. Can we play anything for you? "Anything! Just play it loud, OK?!"

#224874 01/19/2007 12:46 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
Quote
3. The widow that won't sell her late husband's truck, but would rather see it rust into the ground...
ohwell Just a thought-would if you were on your death bed at the hospital...on your last coupla days left in this ol world.family has come in from time to time to pay their last respects....you manage to hobble over to the hospital window to get a glimpse of your favorite old truck...you look out the window...and there she is in the hospital parking lot...but wait..whats that on the windshield? A for sale sign the wife put on it that has in the price section...1st 600 bucks takes it...must sell..i am leaving for the bahamas in one week... eek

You fall over and die... grin

#224875 01/19/2007 12:49 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
Quote
Originally posted by Brad54:
When is a truck ruined? About two seconds after the crusher flattens it. Until that point, it either always has potential, is exactly what the owner wants, or is on the way to being what the owner wants.

Opinions about what's right, wrong, good or bad about trucks in general is like saying "I only like to sleep with Brunettes. I can't see why anyone would want to sleep with a blond or a red head. In fact, I think all women should be brunettes, because blonds and redheads just don't do a thing for me. I don't like them, I don't think they're attractive, and I can't see how anyone else would either."

When I was back in college, a friend and I had a conversation along those lines. He said to me "I can't figure out what type of women you like...Me, I'm a **** man. I really like a nice ****. But you've dated all kinds of different women--big girls, thin girls, blonds, brunettes, very light skinned girls and asian girls. You don't really have a "type."

I said "Yeah I do...I like girls! Big ones, little ones, blond ones, brunette ones, light ones, dark ones. I like girls!"

My opinion on vehicles is about the same. Now, I know a lot of people don't like particular types of trucks/girls, but that's just fine. A) more for the rest of us and B) if you all liked the exact same trucks/girls I liked, you'd all be driving '62 Suburbans, and you'd all be dating my wife. I'd have a very large problem with both. So, since variety is the spice of life, how's about we all just look at particular trucks/girls, and if we like 'em, oggle them a bit in appreciation. And if we don't, remember that some other guy looks at it as his pride and joy, and who are we to criticize? Look what we're riding around in/with!

-Brad
Hey Brad- Ive never met a girl that sported nice asteriks...but hey if thats what your in to... :p

#224876 01/19/2007 7:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13
1
Junior Member
Junior Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13
Its all about preserving History...we all go about it differently...Im just glad to have a little piece to put back on the road...


If it's not a Chevy, its just a four letter word... you choose which one.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0