The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, TooMany2count, klhansen), 120 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,240
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218317 10/23/2006 10:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 28
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 28
Anybody out there have a source for parts on a 3 spd column shift? I kinda dig it but it is really worn out and in need of some repairs. It hangs up on every shift and is really hard to shift. Could this be a clutch problem?...I know that the throw out bearing is making noise and the clutch needs adjusted. Any Source for parts would be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The linkage probably needs new bushings. It is a common problem, and is easy to fix. I was able to get the parts for mine at my local Chevrolet dealer, and they are not expensive.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
Check your clutch, replace it and your bushings if needed. I am swapping in a T5 into my 65 truck. Once I do, if you want the 3 on the tree parts, I will sent them to ya. I just want to make sure I swap in the T5 before I discard the parts.


1965 Chevy C-10 Longbed Stepside
In the Gallery
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You can take the shifter box off the top of the steering column & o-haul it. Weld up grooved or worn places & grind em back to size. If the shaft holes are worn you canfile the cover down a little to take it up.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 28
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 28
Thanks for all the info guys...much appreciated


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0