| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Donf, Goach2, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna, Joe H, Wally / Montana, Gdads51, 1 invisible),
89
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 28 | Anybody out there have a source for parts on a 3 spd column shift? I kinda dig it but it is really worn out and in need of some repairs. It hangs up on every shift and is really hard to shift. Could this be a clutch problem?...I know that the throw out bearing is making noise and the clutch needs adjusted. Any Source for parts would be greatly appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | The linkage probably needs new bushings. It is a common problem, and is easy to fix. I was able to get the parts for mine at my local Chevrolet dealer, and they are not expensive. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 181 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 181 | Check your clutch, replace it and your bushings if needed. I am swapping in a T5 into my 65 truck. Once I do, if you want the 3 on the tree parts, I will sent them to ya. I just want to make sure I swap in the T5 before I discard the parts. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | You can take the shifter box off the top of the steering column & o-haul it. Weld up grooved or worn places & grind em back to size. If the shaft holes are worn you canfile the cover down a little to take it up. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 28 | Thanks for all the info guys...much appreciated | | |
| |
| |