The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 5cameo8, Paul_WNC, Bill Hanlon, 59 fleet), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,372
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
I am looking for some feedback regarding some of the companies that offer parts for our trucks. I have a 63 C10 and getting ready to order some items like rear drop springs, front spindles, disc brakes, bushings etc. The companies I look at most of the time are LCM and Early Classic. Let me know what companies you have had good or bad experiences with. Thanks

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
look in the links


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
I still like the truck shop in Orange, Ca and Tuckers out of las Vegas.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
So far. I've only ordered parts from Chevy Duty (American Classics, now) and Jim Carter Trucks, and I've got no complaints. Others have reported disatisfaction with Chevy Duty, though.


58 Fleetside, 235, "The Old Buckin' Bronco"
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I have also used Classic parts(ne Chevy Duty) for 5+ years,,no complaints-I have also had good luck w/American Classic,,brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I think all of the vendors will get complaints of service now and then, but most are reasonable. My experience is that Jim Carter ships everything for the exact shipping costs, but will ship stuff at different times and charge you several times for shipping instead of all at once. You may be able to request that they hold until all items are available for one shipment.

LMC has always been quick to get the parts to me.

Classic Parts I have no memorable thought on one way or the other.

One of the truck freak members here in the forum does classic truck parts too. I ordered a windshield and had it shipped to an address in Texas. He called back to check on the order and made sure that it was delivered in good shape. Outstanding customer service. Who the heck was that?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 65
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 65
if you're looking for bed parts, look at Mar-K. they've got a lot of quality stuff and most people i've talked to say it's the best.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 30
1
Junior Member
Junior Member
1 Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 30
Bowtie Bits in Wichita KS very helpful and they sell new and used and full of helpful info and not to mention they are local to me saves on shipping.


My 1959 Chevy Apache Stepside
One just isn't enough
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Quote
Originally posted by Lumbergh:
Others have reported disatisfaction with Chevy Duty, though.
I've always been well served by LMC Truck.

I've had some poor service from ChevyDuty, and changing their name didn't make it any more likely I'll ever order from them again.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i order most of my parts from brothers trucks. just ordered from the truck and car shop, i have not receive them yet but there is another post on this. Ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Hi All,
I thought I would weigh in on this, I have had the little odd problem with all vendors. How ever the single vendor I would NOT deal with again is heavy chevy. The first order I placed was for a u-joint and seals. I got the u-joint but had to place the charge for the seals that I never got into dispute with the credit card company. The second order I placed took better than two weeks to arrive. That after I tried contacting Dennis Almond the owner by email, and phone. I left a vmail message, and a email after 10 days saying cancel my order. After another few days and 18 calls to his automated vmail box (which was always full) here comes the order. only 2 of the four items I ordered. I would caution against ordering from him.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
I think you could have trouble with any of them. It's when they won't fix a problem or insist that I caused the problem that I quit using them.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Have used American Classic (which sponsors this site), Classic parts, Napa, Advance Auto, Kanter Auto products, and local parts jobbers. no problems so far

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
I have ordered from LMC several times and have always been pleased with their products and with how fast they shipped my orders.


Ralph Davis
1970 Chevy C10 Webshots
My Stovebolt Gallery page

Old trucks never die, they just find a new home.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Brothers Trucks
BowTieBits
LMC
Ebay


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0