The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214898 09/02/2006 12:48 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
I DROVE IT I DROVE IT !!!!!
After two long years I drove my 1951 1/2 ton
around the block and 6 miles down the road.
Thanks for all the help and critisism.
Check my link for Pictures
Paul

#214899 09/02/2006 1:52 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
Very nice truck, Paul. Hope to be driving mine soon.


Ralph Davis
1970 Chevy C10 Webshots
My Stovebolt Gallery page

Old trucks never die, they just find a new home.
#214900 09/02/2006 2:32 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Sweet! Nothing like driving your own truck, especially when you did the work yourself.


Bill Burmeister
#214901 09/02/2006 2:47 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
Congratulations Paul,

Bet that felt like a million bucks!

To echo those above, that's a beautiful truck!

#214902 09/02/2006 3:41 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
wodniw5, I know what you are saying about the blood and beers (a bunch of beers), I have been there. Thumbs up to you, a really nice job. Your truck looks something like mine. check it out.

#214903 09/02/2006 4:26 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
nice truck!

#214904 09/02/2006 12:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 311
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 311
Have you stopped grinning yet? Sweet ride!


Always get a 2nd opinion, especially if I am the source of the 1st opinion.
#214905 09/02/2006 1:34 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
congrats. I finally took mine down the road and really never stopped. I drive it every day. So I know the feeling of the first time.

Have you stopped shaking yet. (nerves)
Have fun.

wilbur


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
#214906 09/02/2006 1:37 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 127
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 127
feels as good as a roll in the hay! hey?


Just because you have a few Craftsman tools, it dosen't mean your a craftsman.
#214907 09/02/2006 1:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
Sweet looking ride!!Congrads on a job well done!!


Wanted Good Woman:
Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
#214908 09/02/2006 1:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
Looks great, I doubt my 1 ton will ever look that good but it sure is nice to see how it could look, LOL!

I bet you do have a big grin on you face though! grin

#214909 09/02/2006 5:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 324
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 324
Nice Truck, good work! I have one half finished but i still take it around the block, just to see what needs to be done next. after a beer.


"It ain't a truck if you can't hose out the cab."
#214910 09/02/2006 7:51 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
very nice truck


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
#214911 09/02/2006 8:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 127
I can only hope that mine will look that good someday.. I know what it feels like to drive it though... I love that, my wife always jokes about my willingness to run errands in mine..
congrats on a beautiful truck..


"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
-D. Parker

1951 Chevy 3100
#214912 09/03/2006 6:04 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
congrats.... now FINISH it.... before you start having too much fun, and it ends up 5 years later (ie... The Ox)


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#214913 09/04/2006 1:29 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
What a beauty! I'm jealous.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
#214914 09/04/2006 1:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Most excellent. Good job!


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
#214915 09/04/2006 6:18 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Better start dustin off the shelf for the trophys.

#214916 09/04/2006 12:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Excellent. The pics were great too.

#214917 09/05/2006 9:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Congrats! Im expecting to drive mine within the next month, Cant Wait!!!!

#214918 09/08/2006 11:46 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
wodniw5 - what engine do ya have in yer truck? I noticed the horn is still under the hood.

Very nice truck, I like the color.

-W

#214919 09/08/2006 1:49 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
Woogeroo
The engine is a 1955 235.
Paul


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0