The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (MickeyP, 2-Ton, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#212338 07/23/2006 1:10 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
I placed an bid on a 42 1/2T PU last week on Ebay. I bid very low fully expecting that I would be outbid, but what happens -- I won. Wife and I went 90 miles from house on Friday and picked it up, so now I have two. This one was built in Kansas City in September 42 and was sold in Texas in 1947 by the War Asset Administration to a Northeast Texas farmer. I have the title from 47! By the looks of her, she has remained in olive drab for the most part. It even has the original engine.

My intentions were to strip her of parts and sell or junk the rest, but now I've about decided to get her running again as a driver. A fellow stovebolter nearby is giving me a running 216, so --- I think I'll just put it back together, slap on olive drab paint, put a white star on the doors and have at it. I do need some rear fenders, a front bed panel, tailgate and rear cross sill. If anyone has anything they don't want and would like to get rid of, let me know!

Wow -- two Texas 42 Chevy pickups. Who'd a thunk it? I'll post some pics in the next day or so. Wish me luck. grin

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
Cool!
Good luck, Clint. smile


~ Kimberly
My '54 ... and my '63 and a '59 F100
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
sweet... there are a few old military survivor trucks around here too..


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Isn't it strange how the trucks you don't think you will win on Ebay suddenly belong to you???? :confused: grin Good luck with the new arrival. We need pictures.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
Hey Clint

Interesting to hear about the '47 title. How did you find this out, does the title indicate that it was military owned? Is the ID tag still in place, and does it match the title? I am just curious, as my '42 was supposedly from a Naval base during WW2.

Is it listed as a '42 or '47 on the title?

I am anxious to see some pictures.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
You wanted pictures, so here they are. I've named this truck "Spunky" -- a fitting tribute to an old Veteran that refuses to die!

As to the title, it is a 42 on the title and the title was issued in 1947 when the truck was sold by the War Asset Administration to the Prevous Owner.

one

two

three

four

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,088
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,088
Clint,

Got Spunky in the Gallery!

He'll show up on the list tomorrow.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
OK, I'm jealous. Some guys have all the luck!


1965 Chevy C-10 Longbed Stepside
In the Gallery

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0