The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, pdlightning, ndkid275), 119 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,139
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198786 01/18/2006 9:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
1957 GMC sold last night in Scottsdale and the buyer paid $50,220

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=181653

A very nice truck, but not 100% correct.


Blaine Dumkee
59 GMC 9314
Fort Smith NT
www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
A lot of money for that vehicle.Someone must have wanted it awful bad.I watched about 3 hrs of the auction,and seen some decent deals.A 1953 Custom Olds,a 1959 ElCamino SS,went at pretty fair money.

#198788 01/18/2006 10:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
my wife wanted the pink alan jackson jeep, told her you could build one for a lot less then 47,500,,yeh, but then you would not have one that Alan set in.


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#198789 01/18/2006 11:41 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
The one that kind of shocked me was the 50's VW convert.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=182433

No where near a VW expert, but that seems like alot of money, $50,760 for a bug.

#198790 01/18/2006 11:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
I could care less if Jesus Christ himself sat in it with the Pope riding shotgun while they pulled Jimi Hendrix around on a skateboard.. $47,500 is a little too steep for a jeep.

And 50G's for a '57 GMC? The closest i've ever come to making that big a mistake was waking up beside what very well could have been a tranny back in college after a heavy night of partying.

I didn't lift the blankets to check before I took off.. some things are better left unknown.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
#198791 01/19/2006 12:01 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
yes grin


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 144
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 144
Anyone notice the tailgate is not original equipment?

Notice the embossed lettering?
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/images/carjpg/2006bjcca/2/33/2006BJCCA2_33_Spc_T.jpg

It's from the 60-66 series trucks.

The embossed lettering should look like this:
http://www.voth.ca/gallery2/v/oldiron/johnstrucks/small_DSC00099.JPG.html

Maybe I should sell them my tailgate for $5000?
;-)

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
Yes the truck is missing a few things to be 100% correct.

Ezekiel, are you in the parts business or just collecting for yourself!

Any chance you would sell the right signal light in the picture http://www.voth.ca/gallery2/v/oldiron/johnstrucks/small_DSC00103.JPG.html ?


Blaine Dumkee
59 GMC 9314
Fort Smith NT
www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
Might be a good idea to keep the phone number for that auctioneer, a guy just may need to sell something someday.


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 144
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 144
I just can't figure how you can get 50K for the truck if it reeeealy isn't original. I mean, just look at your truck (NorthernGMC's 59). THAT is original.

I'm not in the parts business. My dad owns the 58 you're asking about. I own the project 56 inside the back of and beside that one ;-)

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
Ezekiel, so would you dad sell the right signal light?

My truck is very original, with the exception of the colour, the box has stainless trim, no stake pockets and oak boards. If you get picky my truck was not a deluxe truck, but I chromed the bumpers, grill and the headlight doors. A deluxe truck would also have had stainless trim around the windows.


Blaine Dumkee
59 GMC 9314
Fort Smith NT
www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Blaine - nobody can be picky about that chrome as it could have been ordered as individual options w/o having the full deluxe package - could even have been ordered w/ a custom color! yer truck is #1 and as original as any

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Fumblin46,

It's pretty obvious to me you need some serious sensitivity training. grin grin

Whenever my spirits are in need of uplifting, I merely do a "fumblin search" smile

Stuart

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
Frank,

Do you suspect it was a three speed or four?... I wonder if it had "overdrive" eek grin


IRWIPI 2005 Peoples Choice
Inky,
"It's not that I haven't done IT... It's that I haven't done IT yet."

--------------------
'48 1-1/2 ton Dump
'57 Chevy Panel
'59 Chevy 2 ton Dump
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 129
Bill (Red58)

Thanks, I didn't know that the chrome could be ordered invidually.

My colour is a GM colour, but from the early 2000's!


Blaine Dumkee
59 GMC 9314
Fort Smith NT
www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
I under stand that the pink jeep that sold for 47,500 was bought by Sen. Mclain wife... wonder if it was your tx money Fumblin grin just kidding..I would have sent her back to desert to sleep...Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 141
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 141
[img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/eurekabud/59APACHE.jpg[/img]

So, Folks, think this rig might bring 1/3 that amount?

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
1/3 as much as what? mismatched colors on trim parts, and missing hubcaps and tailgate will certainly lower the price you could get at any level - yer thinkin it might be worth 16,000? eek

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
how about the price for the 40 or 41 ford pickup and the 56 ford pickup..................I just did not see it at all..........Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I guess if you can get your truck in the Barret Jackson auction, there are plenty of people with a lot of money and nothing to do who will pay for it. I guess I better get started on my GMC.

#198806 01/19/2006 10:18 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 141
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 141
Actually, I was fiddling around with the 'Image' function to see if I could get a photo to appear.
I have too much sweat-equity in this rig to part with it at whatever price. Oh, yes, it has tailgate and hubcaps.

#198807 01/19/2006 10:22 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
grin the rigs sellin for 50,000 are the ones where the 'sweat' was paid for - frequently 1/3 more than the selling price

and yes images appear, but the policy here is to use URL button links instead of the IMG button

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0