The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (1955 1 Series, Peggy M), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I noticed three items of interest:

1) A very nice AD Suburban that has a normal 235 under the hood. It is a sweet looking machine!

2) An article on installing electric wipers (notice it is plural) on a 42 to 46 GM truck.

3)Page 45, Fat Man ad shows a a bare chassis for 37 to 59 Chevy / GMC trucks ( different chassis I am sure) for $2900 and a roler chassis for $6200. I believe someone was asking about getting one built locally.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
Did you notice that the two F#@DS featured in it are both Chevy powered. Maybe now everybody will figure out that Chevy is better. I sure would like to have those two bolts on the bottom of page 18.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Now Now Hauler, There is room for all; I love those Old cars and trucks of all makes, not because they are Chevys but because they are survivors. I bet that if a beautiful 57 Skyliner was offered to you in good condition and at a good price you just might snatch it up.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
These days I am just happy to see people driving American cars and trucks!


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Hauler,
they like to put Chevy motors in those old Firds so that they know that they will actually get where they want to go! However they frequently whine about having no room for the distributor at the back.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 40
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 40
And what defines an American vehicle anymore?
Is the country of manufacture a definition of an American vehicle? If so, my Toyota Tacoma was made in California. Mercedes M-class are made in Alabama. Hyundais, Hondas, Mazdas, Nissans, Volkswagens and Jaguars are all domestically made now. That means buying one of those cars (at least the models that are made in U.S. plants) means that it's keeping an American with a job, feeding his/her family, and feeding our economy.

Does the home country of the corporation make it an American vehicle? If so, let's toss out Chrysler since they merged with Mercedes. Sadly, they are the only member of "The Big Three" US Automakers that are actually performing well. The only way Ford and GM can sell cars is to offer deep incentives, rebates and other promotional gimmicks. Personally, I think they should engineer better-quality vehicles...

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, if not more so. However in this day and age, the US, like any other developed nation, does business around the world. That includes having workers in other countries, importing, exporting and whatnot. There really are no more "American cars", as the parts are imported from abroad. The parts for "foreign" models are made here. The line between domestic and foreign vehicles is blurred into near non-existence.

So how can anyone say a vehicle is AMERICAN anymore? It's just a vehicle. If it keeps an American in a job, I'm all for it. I proudly refer to my Toyota as an American Truck, because an American brought it down the line and built the sucker. As a result, I helped keep him/her and every other person in that California assembly plant paying their bills and mortgages and buying Christmas presents.
In reality, it's merely a truck.


Tilt your head back, cuz Mama Bird is going to ram a juicy nightcrawler of truth down your throat!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
thats true its a World Market! And I am proud of my Mazda Ranger!
Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
I was just kiddin. I ain't got nuthin against f#@ds, or mix-matchin engines. We got a '30 model A sedan and a '41 Dawdge that are both chevy powered. But that's not sayin Chevy's not my favorite, cause it is. :-)

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
It's made where it's made - I just wanna be able to wrench on it!

-W

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
just give me my apple pie, my 52 and all is well..others can have what is left grin


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
I believe in what makes you happy, what works for you at that specific moment is what really cares.
I'm a GM person but if I stumble and someone offers me a ride I'm not walking. It is all about what makes you happy

Dan

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Yep a Chevy man buuuuuuuutt you let a beautiful old Dodge go buy and "ol pops" head is going to turn.

popcorn The Truth is Out There (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 209
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 209
Actually the main reason for putting a chevy V-8 in a ford since they came out in 55 was because they were more powerful than the flathead or the ford overhead at the time. Plus they fit better than a Y-block.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
The next big article on my '53 3100 is swapping the 235 for a 429 Cobra Jet...

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
My major beef with new vehicles REGARDLESS of where they're made, is you have to have hands and arms like a 6 year old asian girl to get to anything besides the radiator cap.

Whoever designed the Fjord Exploder and was responcible for the starter being a nightmare to get to needs to be chemically castrated to prevent any further gene pool pollution.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Fumblin: Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel? grin grin


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 70
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 70
Have you done a caddy starter lately, not bad after you remove the intake manifold, which is probably a good thing since they tend to leek often, I do agree its a world economy, I just wish it was a level field, asians and euros dont spend an arm and leg on there union bennies. Chevy all the way!!!!

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
old iron is old iron in my book. even if it is not an american ride their is a certain class and charm in old vehicles that is lost on their younger bretherin. i say drive something origional that you like.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0