The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
This is from our recent trip to New Mexico. We drove by "North 54 Salvage" near Alamogordo and had to stop and take some pics. All the pics were taken in about 5 minutes 'cause it was friggin' hot! I ran around snapping photos as fast as I could while the wife and kids sat in the air conditioned van.
There were tons of 30's 40's and 50's trucks and cars.
Click on the "N.M. salvage" folder.
Salvage yard
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 399
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 399
I believe this man knows his retirement fund is sitting right outside his door..Nice Pics..sure would like to roam around there for awhile, but would probably have to argue with a few snakes..

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Yummy,yummy! Definitely a National Historic Site. Super show pics also. Thanks a bunch Mugsy.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I'm sure there were snakes. Didn't see any but, there were lots of lizards runnin' around startling me.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
That stude p/u looked like an early version of the trucks they use in the cemetary to move caskets and liners with. And the truck next to the f*** Coe looks like a 41-46 Chev/GMC. Thanks for the pix

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
a real treasure trove. thanks for the pictures. RON


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
darn, I want them ALL. Er, but then my place would look like his/hers. Thanks for sharing the pics. Christian

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Does he charge admission? wink


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
I already got all the good stuff from that place:)


Gangster whites and straight pipes.....
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Nope, no admission. At least she didn't charge me.

Glad y'all are enjoying the pics.

-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 68
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 68
I imagine them snakes are in the shade, right under that spot where you need to bend down and look, thats where i usually find em. if they dont bite you they make you soil yourself.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
cool pics mugsy - thanks for sharing.

-W

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 112
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 112
Mugsy, I sure hope heaven is like that. Great ,just Great.
Jbennett
40 burb
2X2 On Road

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hey Mugsy, Great shots! I guess that's why i dont own a salvage yard. because I wouldnt sell anything , just walk around and dream about my next project or where all those cars and trucks have been....If they could only talk! My what stories they could share! Thanx for ta memories! Mike

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
Wow, I have driven by that place 100 times and never gone through it. You sure cant see all the goodies from the road. Thanks for the Pictures Mugsy.
Ralph


rtlopez@shipleysystems.com
48 Chevy 3600 w/235
48 Chevy 3100 w/235:
You cant see the smoke on a dirt road.
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
Did you drive the family up to Cloudcroft to cool down?

That is a pretty part of the country.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
nice pix and thanks for the post,,If only those cars and trucks could talk, I often think of that,,, boy, just think of what they could say....Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0