The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (SNOYL, Hotrod Lincoln, MNSmith), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
Has any one used the under bed tank from LMC or classic trucks, 20 gallon with sending unit. so far I cut the spare tire brace out of the way and tried to line up the tank with holes in the frame and it looks like the bed cross membewr is in the way and the fill pipe runs into the frame. the ring on the tank is about two inches below the frame and the j bolts that came with the tank are to short are am I doing something wrong. Does any one have picture of this tank installed? Got to get the tank under the bed soon that gallon gas under the hood does not last very long and is not safe. How do you mount it? Were do the straps go and how did you attach them to the frame? :confused:

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
For the kind of bucks they get for those tanks, you'd think they'd include some kind of instructions!

Thank god for The Stovebolt Page, tho.. i'm sure someone else whos installed one will be along to help.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i didn't use that particular one and i have a 54/3100. the one i got the crossmember had to be removed and the frame c-notched. which raises the tank then maybe your u bots will reach. i had to remove my bed to do this. hope this helps. RON


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
Well no one else has put a under bed gas tank i from this supplier?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
Super,
I didn't know they sold an under bed tank for old bolts or your 63 C10. when I just looked online at their catalogs they all show cab tanks.
where did you get /or what year catalog did you use?

Fumblin' 46, some of these vendors just don't get it, quality and service is what we always want


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I'm in the proccess of installing my LMC tank now. I've got the tank in and I'm getting ready to plumb it soon. I just welded a couple of square tubes across to each frame rail to form a box, clamped the tank to it, bent the straps to follow the contour of the tank, drilled and tapped the frame (which is double thickness and boxed back there) and bolted the straps up. I used stainless steel hardware so I didn't use the J-bolts. If you what, I can take a few pictures if you like, my truck is just a rolling chassis right now,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
Scott would like to see some pictures. What year truck are you putting that on?
Carolines Truck the catlog is number CBE.19 spring 2005 1960-66 LMC the last time I looked it was not on the online site only in the book.

Super250six

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
My truck is a 63 3/4 ton 4x4, but the frame area back there should be similar to yours. I'll run out and snap a few pictures for you.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
Scott how tall is the frame in the back by your tank? when I put my tank up there as far as it will go there is about a two inch gap from the tank flange to the frame. The filler neck end up in the middle of the frame. Thanks for the pictures that will help me on were I needed to put the tank. what size lines are you going to run up to yopur motor? I think I am going to run 3/8 steel line to the fuel pump and also put a electric pump at the tank.
Thanks Super250six

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
My frame is about 5 inches thick from the back forward until it starts to bend for the axle. Did your get the steel tank kit or the plastic tank? If you got the steel tank, the fill neck looks like it will unbolt from the tank. You could get one custom bent to clear your frame, I would think, but mine looks like it's in the perfect position. I bought 3/8 steel fuel line that came in a 25' roll so I'll have no splices from tank to pump. Do you have a picture of what's going wrong with your tank? Also, my tank had some "tabs" sticking up through the flange that I ground flush. These holes seemed to be where the bolts for the straps needed to go, don't know why they did it that way. I had to enlarge the holes some to get 3/8 bolt through them.
Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
Scott I got the steel tank and the filler is welded to the tank. Were did you get the steel line in a 25 foot roll so far all I find here is 5 foot pices.

Super250six

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Barron Motor Supply in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Not sure who the vendor is but it's pretty heavy duty stuff. It bent my cheapy tubing bender. It has a copper colored inner liner and a galvanized look on the outside. If I remember, I'll call them tomorrow and see where it comes from,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Hey Super,
The fuel line is made by AGS and is sold by Pronto if any of that helps you,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
1
Apprentice
Apprentice
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
I just feel really sorry for the guy that owns an 85 dodge Caravan and a PP cruiser.


1bad58
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
1bad58, WHY????????????????


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0