The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wheelie, Hugh63c10, Hawkman, UtahYork), 85 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,482
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#184470 06/28/2005 4:51 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
I have a 69' one ton with a 250 6 in it. I need to swap engines as this one is going south on me (knocking and using oil bad). My question is will my bell housing for the four speed that I currently have bolt up to a small block 283 that I want to put in it? Also, will the motor mounts need to be V8 motor mounts? Thanks for any advice in this swap. (I am still new at fixing these trucks up. I also have a 1966 C10 that I will begin working on this fall.)


Owen Miller
#184471 06/28/2005 4:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 77
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 77
Omill the bell housing and motor mounts are the same for a 250 and a small block.

#184472 06/28/2005 4:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 77
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 77
Omill, all you need to do is remove the top bracket from the 250 mounts and the smal block will bolt right in.

#184473 06/29/2005 1:19 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 158
F
knuckle head
knuckle head
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 158
The V-8 will fit on the 6 mounts ok, but it'll be back a few inches ,the distributer will just clear the firewall.If you use the correct V-8 motor mount parts,the engine is foward more,but then the 6 cylinder drivetrain doesn't line up.

#184474 06/29/2005 3:24 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
You'll also need to come up with alternator mounting brackets and extend the wiring to reach to the other side of the engine, nothing hard about this swap though,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#184475 06/29/2005 4:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks for the advice, guys. I appreciate it. I just wanted to cover all the basics before the actual swap and find something not working.

Owen


Owen Miller

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0