The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gdads51, WICruiser), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,495
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#183593 06/12/2005 4:22 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I posted in the event section but no responses. Do any of you guys go to any kind of cruise ins? I have tried to locate some since I got my truck going, but no luck. I would like to meet some of you guys as well as your trucks. wink

#183594 06/12/2005 4:39 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Got any burger joints in the area? We have a "Be-Bops" that cruisers hang out at a couple of nights a week. We also have carshows ever couple of weeks in various towns too.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#183595 06/12/2005 4:48 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I found a list of some cruise nites on a website here, but I went to a couple and nobody showed up. I thought maybe some local boys here would chime in on where the good ones are. Thanks

#183596 06/12/2005 2:59 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
We have them all over the K.C. area. They are listed in the local paper.(KC Star) I go every Friday night, weather permitting, to the one in Olathe, KS. Most have a really big turnout. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
#183597 06/12/2005 3:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 54
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 54
WoW! It's been awhile since I stopped in here. I don't know anything about the places in Denver, but we have one up here in Loveland on Fri evenings at the local A&W, 6-9 or something like that. The weather hasn't been very good for it lately though...

#183598 06/13/2005 7:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 499
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 499
Try this
Drive Magazine
Their web site isn't near as good as their magazine. The mag is free and is given away at some auto parts stores, such as CarQuest and P.A.W. It lists shows by date for a three month period, in every region of the States and I think Canada, also. It also has a section for local groups that want people to know they meet every third Thursday at a local hot dog stand.
Contains a lot of advertisement, but that can be informative as well and it is free.


'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
#183599 06/13/2005 7:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
Shipwright, We meet every Fri. and Sat. nights out in Brighton. Don't know where you're at in Denver, but would be glad to give you some more details, if you're interested. Send me an e-mail, with your interest, and what area of town you're in, and I'll forward you more on Brighton, as well as some other sources for information.

#183600 06/14/2005 3:19 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
My 56 stepside was shipped here from Colorado (Montrose) so I guess I'll be there in spirit!


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#183601 06/14/2005 7:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 106
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 106
I'm here just south of Denver in Highlands Ranch. There's a car show at University and C-470 next Saturday. Lemme know if you need the info. Where are you in Denver? I've got some properties near Five Points, up there every day doing something to them.
Hopefully we'll hear about a cruise night or something; or have one! I'll be there. Loveland and Berthoud are a drive for us far south boys. Stay in touch! Dan


51 Chevy 1/2 ton-Restored
46 GMC 1 1/2 ton-Farm Fresh
#183602 06/14/2005 7:31 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
Shipwright, there will a bunch of stovebolter at the street rod nations in Pueblo,co on june 24th-26th at the state fair grounds. i'll be there in the swapmeet area. also find the scoop magazine and it will list a bunch of shows and cruises in your area.hope this helps. RJ

#183603 06/14/2005 7:34 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Shipwright, I was a sleep at the wheel :o I posted some sites that may have the information you are looking for but have not tried them myself grin ......g

Go here young man

#183604 06/15/2005 4:37 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
Hi Shipwright,
Ii would be a LONG DRIVE for you but... Thirsday nigfht at 7:00 is cruzenight in Las Animas at the DQ. I don't know of any closer than that.


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

#183605 06/15/2005 4:39 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
I'm sorry about the prior post. I wasn't wearing my glasses.


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

#183606 06/15/2005 4:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
Thanks to all replies. Have to check out some of these places. Maybe see ya there.

#183607 06/15/2005 7:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
move it or lose it grin
just drive em,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#183608 06/16/2005 6:09 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 36
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 36
I'll be seeing ya in pueblo, maybe next year i'll have the truck done.


artificial intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0