The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 144
Well thought of an other Question before the New Year Starts! grin grin

Concerns Smoothie Running Boards! Do any of you
know where I can get nice rubber matting for the top of Smoothie RunningBoards? Ive heard of somebody doing "Vulcanizing" on boards but I guess its really expensive. I really dont know for sure... Checked Steele Rubber but couldnt find anything. Im trying to avoid fiberglass but may have to if nothing else works. Even though fiberglass does have its good and bad points...
But in my case Id like if at all possible go with all steel..
I was thinking maybe rubber matting with nice surface could be glued ??? smile

But where would I find this matting from? Can I purchase matting cutting to fit?

Ohhh.. I would like to wish all of you "A Very Happy New Year 2005"!!! grin grin

Best Wishes
Classic Finn and Family

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
http://www.speedliner.com/

CF,

Something like the above?

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
You might be able to go to a janitorial supply
or restaurant supply house and find some rubber
mats. You can cut them to size and use contact
cement to put them in place. Otherwise, I think
your stuck with going to a step plate, available
thru many parts houses. I saw a car at a show
one time, done with rubber mats. It came out
real nice and looked like it was from the
factory. Cecil...........

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
you might could try some of the 'do it your self' rubber type bedliners.

dunno if u can find it over there or not:

http://www.herculiner.com - they have pics and thign sof the various uses people have found for it.

there are other brands as well - such as durabak.

here is a step by step isntall of durabak in the tub of a 4x4 jeep project:

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/durabak/rushes.htm

herculiner in a ford bronco:

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/herculiner_bronco/index.htm

I've used Herculiner in a '85 chevy s-10 bed - good results. I didn't buy the coating so it faded in the sun - but they sell a coating that is 'sposed to help keep it shiny.

I believe the durabak also comes in different colors. http://www.nonslipcoating.com/ <- durabak site

dupli color also has a diy bedliner but I have read unhappy things about that product... doesnt' last, peels, chips...etc..

-W

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
Do a internet search for "running board mat" and you will get a few good sites to looks at. Here is just a few I looked at,
running boards

running board mats

rubber mats

It looks like you can spend as much money as you want from very little to a whole lot. Joe


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0