The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gdads51), 84 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,447
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#174481 12/01/2004 10:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
what are you getting your truck for Dec.25th,, my wife told me not to get her anything and just spend it on my truck,she already has everything that she needs. grin I may try to get my headliner fixed,,,,how about you??


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
I'm trying to figure out how to finagle a replacement rear suspension for The Ox... I'm thinking that a setup of a 68-72 Nova will work.. comments?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Workin' on it... Made a deal on a parts truck, now just hopin' it don't fall through before he gets the title to me. I'll let you know.


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
Back on the road i hope! frown Ive been 2 days without it sinse the tranny went south on monday and im already suffering withdrawls. eek


1942 1\2 Ton
1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5
1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter
1960 Biscayne Sedan
1965 G/10 panel van
1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome
You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are...
My progress pics
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
I'm spending a week off from work with the kids, truck and wife when she's not working. I got the truck a 68 satellite to talk to when I'm gone.


53 3100
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup
1934 Ford Pickup
68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door
My Fleet
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
As soon as the truck brings home the tree the front axle will come off. I will do tie rods, soft brake lines etc.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Tonym, do you still have the gear shift, the chrome one with the knob, if so what would you take for it???Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Joker, do you want it for yourself? Would it fit?


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
yes, I want it for my self, do not want to be an indian giver(I hope that is ok),,willing to buy it and pay shipping,, the shifter and the knob, regards,let me know,,,,,


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
I got mine lower cab patch panels from Metalman and a stock grill guard. For New Years it's getting a rebuilt 216!


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 74
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 74
depends on what the 'rents want to buy for me for presents. I've asked for an engine rebuild kit, fenders, brake kit, suspension, and a MIG welder, but I doubt any of that is going to happen...


I am not bound to please thee with my answers. - William Shakespeare
1967 C10
1983 Olds Delta 88
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
If you believe in Santa, then it will


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Yeah, Matt, didn't the " 'rents" ever tell ya? "If ya don't believe in Santa, He won't bring ya anything!"


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I have been saving for a welder and air compressor. Had a few minor set backs we will see where we are in a few weeks. I guess right now any time i can spend tinkering will be good.


Don't you know who I think I am?
I've been thinkin' about freaking out. If I could just find the time.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifrizlfri
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
The wish list.....4 tires, 2 rims and 1 front valence, 1 rear fender.....sand blasting, powder coating, media blasting....

....that's it....for now.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
My 13-year-old son doesn't know it yet, but his truck is getting all-new brakes & lines, shocks, and an engine gasket set. He also doesn't yet know this will be his first opportunity to work on and install these new parts on the truck himself...with a new set of tools (his first!); screwdrivers, wrenches, sockets, and a few other basic goodies, with a three-drawer box.

He must think I'm mad at him or something, since we haven't done anything at all on his '46 since September! I'm not mad at all, just patient. wink


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 58
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 58
To get her back from the mechanic, who's rebuilding my 235, and DRIVE!!!


1950 3100
1980 "Vette"
2005 Mustang GT
http://community.webshots.com/user/jlr1516
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
Just stuff to add to my collection of parts. Tranny cooler, shifter, marker light (turn signal) lenses.
Cash! lol


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
I found a nice 14 circuit fuse block for the 55,Am still eyeballing a didital dash.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
My old girl is getting a ring and bearing job as well as a new head job and clutch plate. I have a bunch of little stuff to make it more confortable in the winter. Window felts and gaskets for the cowl and side vent. I guess 40 miles a day to work and back as well as 12 miles every other day to check the cows has taken its toll. I am also actively seeking a carrier to get the rpm's down a little bit.
Ralph


rtlopez@shipleysystems.com
48 Chevy 3600 w/235
48 Chevy 3100 w/235:
You cant see the smoke on a dirt road.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
I will be getting a late 80's Chevy blazer rear end and a gasket job on the motor for my 55.

Chris


Chris 1955FirstSeries
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 73
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 73
I just gave my 46 ½ ton “Lucy” an early Christmas gift. A SB 283, a TH350 and power brakes. No front fenders or hood back on her yet but she sure enjoyed a spin around the block in the cool Calif. air with straight exhaust manifolds!
.
.Rick

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 41
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 41
My '63 is getting a 200R4 automatic. cool


Joe K.

1963 Chevy Stepside
350 with 3 on the tree.
1960 Chevy Bel Air
35k original miles
1991 GMC Syclone #1557
1992 GMC Typhoon #0261
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
I've been busting to tell you guys all week, but I figured that if I did, the deal would fall through. I just got it home. I picked up a '89 C3500 Silverado with a 454 in super shape. 81000 miles, runs and drives great, needs paint.

It is a parts truck for the '47 ton dually panel.

Now I think I'll go start a new thread so I can brag a little.


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
How about a case of flat black rattle can paint and an old Mexican blanket. If I can find an old 8 ball shift knob, even better.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0