Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln),
116
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,423 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | what are you getting your truck for Dec.25th,, my wife told me not to get her anything and just spend it on my truck,she already has everything that she needs.  I may try to get my headliner fixed,,,,how about you?? Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | I'm trying to figure out how to finagle a replacement rear suspension for The Ox... I'm thinking that a setup of a 68-72 Nova will work.. comments?
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 | Workin' on it... Made a deal on a parts truck, now just hopin' it don't fall through before he gets the title to me. I'll let you know.
Don't lose your head to save a minute, You need your head, your brains are in it. Burma-Shave (1947)
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 | Back on the road i hope!  Ive been 2 days without it sinse the tranny went south on monday and im already suffering withdrawls. 
1942 1\2 Ton 1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5 1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter 1960 Biscayne Sedan 1965 G/10 panel van 1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are... My progress pics | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 162 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 162 | I'm spending a week off from work with the kids, truck and wife when she's not working. I got the truck a 68 satellite to talk to when I'm gone.
53 3100 1929 Ford Roadster Pickup 1934 Ford Pickup 68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door My Fleet
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | As soon as the truck brings home the tree the front axle will come off. I will do tie rods, soft brake lines etc.
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Tonym, do you still have the gear shift, the chrome one with the knob, if so what would you take for it???Fred Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | Joker, do you want it for yourself? Would it fit?
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | yes, I want it for my self, do not want to be an indian giver(I hope that is ok),,willing to buy it and pay shipping,, the shifter and the knob, regards,let me know,,,,, Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 | I got mine lower cab patch panels from Metalman and a stock grill guard. For New Years it's getting a rebuilt 216!
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 74 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 74 | depends on what the 'rents want to buy for me for presents. I've asked for an engine rebuild kit, fenders, brake kit, suspension, and a MIG welder, but I doubt any of that is going to happen...
I am not bound to please thee with my answers. - William Shakespeare 1967 C10 1983 Olds Delta 88
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | If you believe in Santa, then it will Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 | Yeah, Matt, didn't the " 'rents" ever tell ya? "If ya don't believe in Santa, He won't bring ya anything!"
Don't lose your head to save a minute, You need your head, your brains are in it. Burma-Shave (1947)
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 | I have been saving for a welder and air compressor. Had a few minor set backs we will see where we are in a few weeks. I guess right now any time i can spend tinkering will be good. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | The wish list.....4 tires, 2 rims and 1 front valence, 1 rear fender.....sand blasting, powder coating, media blasting....
....that's it....for now. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 | My 13-year-old son doesn't know it yet, but his truck is getting all-new brakes & lines, shocks, and an engine gasket set. He also doesn't yet know this will be his first opportunity to work on and install these new parts on the truck himself...with a new set of tools (his first!); screwdrivers, wrenches, sockets, and a few other basic goodies, with a three-drawer box. He must think I'm mad at him or something, since we haven't done anything at all on his '46 since September! I'm not mad at all, just patient. 
Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass. Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 58 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 58 | To get her back from the mechanic, who's rebuilding my 235, and DRIVE!!! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 | Just stuff to add to my collection of parts. Tranny cooler, shifter, marker light (turn signal) lenses. Cash! lol
Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 | I found a nice 14 circuit fuse block for the 55,Am still eyeballing a didital dash. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 255 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 255 | My old girl is getting a ring and bearing job as well as a new head job and clutch plate. I have a bunch of little stuff to make it more confortable in the winter. Window felts and gaskets for the cowl and side vent. I guess 40 miles a day to work and back as well as 12 miles every other day to check the cows has taken its toll. I am also actively seeking a carrier to get the rpm's down a little bit. Ralph | | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 | I will be getting a late 80's Chevy blazer rear end and a gasket job on the motor for my 55.
Chris
Chris 1955FirstSeries
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 73 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 73 | I just gave my 46 ½ ton “Lucy” an early Christmas gift. A SB 283, a TH350 and power brakes. No front fenders or hood back on her yet but she sure enjoyed a spin around the block in the cool Calif. air with straight exhaust manifolds! . .Rick | | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 41 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 41 | My '63 is getting a 200R4 automatic. 
Joe K.
1963 Chevy Stepside 350 with 3 on the tree. 1960 Chevy Bel Air 35k original miles 1991 GMC Syclone #1557 1992 GMC Typhoon #0261
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 | I've been busting to tell you guys all week, but I figured that if I did, the deal would fall through. I just got it home. I picked up a '89 C3500 Silverado with a 454 in super shape. 81000 miles, runs and drives great, needs paint.
It is a parts truck for the '47 ton dually panel.
Now I think I'll go start a new thread so I can brag a little.
Don't lose your head to save a minute, You need your head, your brains are in it. Burma-Shave (1947)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | How about a case of flat black rattle can paint and an old Mexican blanket. If I can find an old 8 ball shift knob, even better. | | |
| |