Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | I know this subject has been covered before and I went back and did some research. An electric, heated 60/40 with a console would be great and I know a Le Sabre seat would work, but I want it to tilt forward so I can access the area behind it. What models of Buick come in 2 door varieties and would therefore have seats that would tilt forward? So far all I have been able to find are 4 doors. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | I was thinking about those as well, but I don't know which of those were 2 doors either, nor which would have a seat wide enough. I have found a burgundy leather seat from a LeSabre that would be great but it's from a 4 door. DRAT!!! That burgundy leather would sure look and feel great....
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | then you must decide if it is totally necessary to have the seat tilt.... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 19 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 19 | You might look into the GM truck seats from 2000 on. It's not a 60/40 split but a pair of buckets with a little jump-seat in the middle to make it a 3 seat bench. I'm not sure it would fit the cab perfectly but they come powered and heated if you hunt, and they tilt forward. Just an option. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 64 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 64 | Oh man, I have 60/40 power Cadillac seats in my 58. They are out of a 76, 4-door.
Trust me, it's *totally necessary* to have the seat tilt! Those babies are coming out!
IMO - If the seats don't tilt, don't put them in! Doesn't seem like that much that's useful goes on behind the seats until you can't get there!
Claymore's suggestion seems like a good one. It gives you a lot more options than a bench. That's the direction I'm planning on going when I get these leather bricks outa the booger. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | Claymore, Do those bench seats have the seatbelts built in?
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 19 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 19 | Yeah, they do 3 seats with 3 belts the two end seats with the belt up by your shoulder- but only from 2000 on. I got mine out of a 1500 series but Suburbans, Tahoes, Denalis and the like all used similar seats. The front "bench" is really just a pair of shallow buckets with a jump seat in the middle-so it's three pieces. The buckets will certainly fit but I'm not sure if all three will - it could be a bit too wide, I'll find out later this summer. Here's a set on ebay- though the broken sets are awfully expensive so this one seems high to me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...1&item=7964302999&category=33701 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...1&item=7964304800&category=33695 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | i still think the buick lesabre seats are your best bet. they have electric seats and the slide forward with a touch of a button. in central indiana the quotes on these are 100.00 to 150.00 sounds reasonable to me. mostly leather. ron
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | I'm wondering if I could build a mount that would pivot in the front and lock down in the back that would allow the entire seat (bench and all, not just the back) to tilt forward? Hmmm......
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 129 | take a look at http://home.rochester.rr.com/stphillips/59GMC/Seats.jpg This is a set of full size truck seats in a 59 GMC. The owner told me they were a tight fit and rubbed on the doors. Looks great though. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | Hey northerngmc, I like what I see in the pic. Any idea how much he paid for those? I'm not sure but I think my 62 c-30 may have an extra inch or two across to fit the seat into. Either way though, I wouldn't mind too much if the seats rubbed the doors a bit.
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | Originally posted by Dust N Splinterz (knokeydv): I know this subject has been covered before and I went back and did some research. An electric, heated 60/40 with a console would be great and I know a Le Sabre seat would work, but I want it to tilt forward so I can access the area behind it. What models of Buick come in 2 door varieties and would therefore have seats that would tilt forward? So far all I have been able to find are 4 doors. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I take it you are talking about installing seats inside a 60/66 Panel. I like the idea of tilting the seat forward for access, but one word of caution........safety! Make sure that whatever you install that it is installed securely to the floor. I would consider installing a latch that holds the rear of the seat down. I don't know if this will work if you have seats with the built in integral seat belts. As far as types that will work, the 2000/2005 Tahoe/Denali/Suburbans will work. I also like the Chrysler Sebring convertible seats, they also have the integral seatbelt's. I am not sure about the height of the mounting and what it will take to install them in the truck so that you can see out of the window. Mounting is so important to avoid any injuries in a fender bender especially when you are modifying their original design. sebring seats Check out ebay for sebring convertibles and look at the interiors. They come in leather with power, I am not sure about heat though. I have seen these go for around $250 and sometimes less. I don't like the two tone like these but the other colors look great.  ......g Leather seats Suburban seats | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | I was thinking of a mounting system where to tilt the rear of the seat up it would be necessary to pull a pin and slide the seat back an inch or so to get it to lift up and out of the bracket.
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 158 | Anybody got a set of those 2000 up GM seats? I would be much obliged if you could throw a tape measure across them, and let us know how wide they are.
I need to figure out if they will fit my '51...
Cheers, mark. '51 3100 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 129 | No idea what he paid for the seats. He actually pulled them and returned the seat to stock when he sold the truck.
Check eBay or local wrecking yards for trucks. They were out of a 2001 extended cab Silverado. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 121 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 121 | Originally posted by 51 KY 3100: Anybody got a set of those 2000 up GM seats? I would be much obliged if you could throw a tape measure across them, and let us know how wide they are.
I need to figure out if they will fit my '51...
Cheers, mark. '51 3100 Should have a bench out of a 95 here in the next couple of days that I can measure if it would help. I'm guessing the 2000 and up should be close.
Dave 66 GMC- father /son project with the "GMC KID" 36 Chevy PU- 4x4 lifetime project 64 Skylark- wife says its hers
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 | the only problem with that seat is it won't hide my gas tank. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 | i will mesure the 2005 we have at work tomarrow for you guys ok
ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to, Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society AND A MARINE trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 275 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 275 | Mark-some are 60/40 & others are 40/20/40. I have a set of the '40's in my '55 Bel Air. They are 22" at the widest areas. Leaves me some room for the trans. tunnel & floor shifter, may make an oak catch-all for the center someday. Mine are from a '01 Silverado, non-power. By drilling out the rivets on the OEM mounts you can attach the tracks directly to your floor & get them nice & low. The track gives you 10" of slide. Look under a OEM set at the floorpan & I would put no less than a full rocker to rocker floor stiffener to mount them to. Doug | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | The J.C Whitney catalog I got today has seats w/ belts built-in listed. They want over $1700.00 for a set though, Scott | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Originally posted by bodega_bob:
Trust me, it's *totally necessary* to have the seat tilt! Those babies are coming out!
IMO - If the seats don't tilt, don't put them in! Doesn't seem like that much that's useful goes on behind the seats until you can't get there! Yeah I guess so, it always seems to be that way....doesn't seem useful until you don't have it. | | |
| |